Bird Spotting

Lord Paul

Reaction score
oddly enough Fred my screen saver is a bird who's a swallow too/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I was tolds it was a Rotherham Drippingchin/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
yes, you would do in sheffield Matt/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

I don't know, try to show you guys a bit of class and what do you get???

Just remember it's not in Bait Box!

The Monk

Reaction score
apologies Fred, i really think I`m mixing with the wrong sorts these days. On bird watching though I`ve not been out for a while, I usually have a run up to leighton Moss in the winter when the trees are a little barer, I`ve seen osprey, bittern, bearded tits, marsh and hen harriers up there along with lots of waders like black and bar tailed godwits/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

slime monster

Reaction score
fred,my cul de sac is a nesting/feeding area for house martins, i witnessed a merlin snatch one out of air at eye level 5 feet from me as i was having a fag on the steps.i felt very privileged to see this awesome sight ,was this lucky or does it go unnoticed most of the time?

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
Some fantastic togs on there Fred, thanks for the link. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I like to get out with the camera in the spring and try and snap a few of our feathered friends. Unfortunately the light has been minging through the early part of the spring and I haven't had too much success.

I did get a few nice snaps of this little Fox cub though. He, his mother and two siblings are sharing one end of a badger sett.
Foxpnp.jpg

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Nice pic of the fox Chris.

"Bearded Tits"!!!!

Sounds like a Scouse Ruffe Slapper mate.

C

Colin North, the one and only

Anyone know what species this is?
UFO.jpg

It was taken at extremely long range with a 500mm lens and has been sharpened a bit in PS. Unfortunately, the original image isn't very sharp at all. I thought it might be a Linnet, since it has a bit of colour on its breast, but I find identifying these little brown jobs difficult at times