Offski again!!!!

super snatcher

Reaction score
Our next Australian trip is nearly upon us so I had better get my fishing gear sorted out. I do keep some gear at my daughters in Sydney but always take extra over with me. Also last year got spooled whilst livebaiting in the harbour so will be buying a heavier set up as soon as we get there.

This time I will try and write up reports as they happen instead of waiting till we get back to the UK. I will be fishing with some of my Australian angling buddies but will also be tying up with our very own "infamous" Steve Pope again. My target is to add to my 33 Australian species (this total includes my turtle capture which made the local Sydney papers last trip)

Last year kingfish was my initial target but this time around it will be flathead. It is a bread and butter fish in Australia but I still have not caught one yet. Tight lines to everyone whilst I am away.:)

John

laguna

Reaction score
I was over there in NSW a couple years ago, only managed to catch leather jackets and a few dog fish. Good luck :w

super snatcher

Reaction score
I was over there in NSW a couple years ago, only managed to catch leather jackets and a few dog fish. Good luck :w

Have actually just been checking my reports from last year. If interested you can find them on the Worldseafishing forum/International angler/Australia and New Zealand. My 10 reports are on pages one and two.

Here is a link to my first report if anyone is interested :)

Australia 2012 Report 1- World Sea Fishing Forums | Sea Angling and Sea Fishing Online | Fishing Reports

John

urbanangler

Reaction score
I was beach fishing from kangaroo island last year, the water was crystal clear in docks and i had about 5-6 different species including squid. Some of the guys i spoke to do it for a living everyday. Ahhhhhh that would be the life... :)

Enjoy your trip mate!

rubio

Reaction score
Hey. You may well already know this but in the estuaries/river heads where many a flathead hole up try an unweighted line if you are baitfishing. Bite indication will NOT be an issue.

super snatcher

Reaction score
Hey. You may well already know this but in the estuaries/river heads where many a flathead hole up try an unweighted line if you are baitfishing. Bite indication will NOT be an issue.

Yep will be trying all methods to nail my first one !!! The locals over there tend to favour soft plastics for them. Will let you know how I get on.

John