Fox cub

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Aside from being horrible lol, I do happen to think that our countryside should be filled with foxes and badgers and pheasants and other such diminishing british wildlife.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
The sad thing is that the last time I visited theearth where those cubs were.the local keeper had set a hide up directly in front of the earth in order to shoot the vixen. I'd say it's almost certain he'll have achieved that by now, so that cub will most likely have been shot, or will havestarved to death. /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

captain carrott

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Chris Hammond ( SAA, RSPB ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>The sad thing is that the last time I visited theearth where those cubs were.the local keeper had set a hide up directly in front of the earth in order to shoot the vixen. I'd say it's almost certain he'll have achieved that by now, so that cub will most likely have been shot, or will havestarved to death. /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif</blockquote>
ahh you have just reminded me why i don't like humans.

The Monk

Reaction score
""The sad thing is that the last time I visited theearth"

bludi ell Chris where do you live, Liverpool or somewhere?

steve smith

Reaction score
Great picture,fact time, there has never been a bigger population of foxes or badgers in britain as there is today they are far from diminishing, theyre so scarce DEFRA is killing thousands of badgers every year due to them spreading bovine TB. As for foxes i suspect local authorites will cull them just the same as they do rats in the near future, there are thousands of them living in towns and a RABIES outbreak would be spread easily by foxes [if mother nature ever purposly designed an animal to carry rabies its the fox] because of their feeding habits. As for pheasants they are not native british birds so wouldnt be here without human interfearance, the ones you commonly see are derived from Asian birds theyre only scarce after xmas when every arsehole with a shotgun has had a go at them

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

And why is anyone with a shotgun an arsehole may I ask ????

And I don't have one, by the way .... but I know people that do, and none of them are arseholes ..

steve smith

Reaction score
i didnt mean everyone with a shotgun was an arsehole,i have got friends and family that shoot, and i used to myself, but to pay £20 + VAT to shoot a gloryfied chicken seems like an arseholes pastime to me,especially when they bury them after because nobody will buy the carcass. Also ive lost some of my favourite fishing near bawtry because the landowner will not renew the lease, he says its because of the shooting[GET OFF MY LAND ringing in ears] they only shoot 9 days a year, i taught my lads to fish there and one of the last times i fished with my dad was there, natural venues should be available to everyone who treats it with respect. And there was the time i was minding my own business fishing a council owned club water when one of the cast from Deliverence nearly blew my fkn head off trying to shoot a duck that swam through my swim[shouldnt have worn the cammo that day] and i mean swam not flew[highly illegal shooting at water]past me, so yea ive got some issues with some shotgunners. Sorry for the whingeing

Yoggy999

Reaction score
Close Nick, but I think my ex-wife gets that prize!!!!!!!!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can get pleasure out of shooting animals or birds, it seems utterly stupid and for what I ask, so you can brag how you killed a defenceless creature. Italians and the French shoot every bird in sight by their thousands, pigeons , pheasant and even songbirds, they are all considered fair game, they even wait for overflying migrating birds on the mountain passes just so they can kill them. Total madness.

I have no qualms whatsoever about shooting for the pot but just for the sake of killing, nah! Unnecessary and should be punishable in my opinion, if you want to see how accurate you are use a target or clay pigeons, Oh! and maybe other wildlife killers with a gun of course.