RIP Terry Lampard

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have just learned of the passing of one of the greatest big fish anglers of this, or indeed any, generation - and not just a great angler but a great and kind man who will be missed by many.

RIP Terry and our condolences to all of his friends and family.

old_ironballs

Reaction score
Very sad news indeed! A fantastic angler with unbelievable consistancy over the years. Thoughts go out to his friends and family. RIP Terry

barbelboi

Reaction score
Sad news indeed, a first class all rounder and really nice guy that I had the pleasure of meeting a few times. An incredible fisherman for most species, and his knowledge on chub was legendary. Loved his book 'First Cast', probably be remembered most by many for his part in Catching the Impossible.
Jerry

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Great loss to Angling. He was the best of the best when it came to coarse fishing.

Never met, but chatted very pleasantly on the phone to Terry several years ago when I was buying a copy of his book, First Cast. "Chatted" again briefly a few days later when I left a message for him: "The best proper Angling book of the past twenty years, Terry. Well done".

B

binka

Very sad news indeed and the loss of a very accomplished angler.

RIP and condolences to his family, friends and all that knew him.

Reaction score
One of the most successful southern anglers of the modern era, with a Drennan cup record that will probably never be surpassed...

RIP A Proper Modest Legend...

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Never met him nor followed him, but it's always sad to hear of someone younger than yourself (if by less than 2 years) passing away. My condolences to those who knew him well and his family.