Daiwa Sensitron

D

David Whitmill

What can anyone tell me about these bite alarms?

I'm considering buying some and wondered if anyone has owned them or can recommend them.

What are their good/bad points?

Thanks in advance
Dave

C

Carp Angler

The electronics are only as good as the waterproofing.......

They don't work in the wet.
They don't work in the cold.
The knobs fall of.
They used to be twice the price of all other alarms.

I haven't seen them lately, so unless they've cut the size to one quarter, cut the price to one quarter and improved the reliability and efficiency, then I personally wouldn't buy any.

Rumour had it that they were going to replace the on off switch with a coin, then you could flip to see if it would work or not.

C

Cakey

Still the best electronics compared to any other alarm.
If you got a 2litre coke bottle and cut off the last third then cut 1/2 inch slots in it and place over alarm they where really good.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I didn’t take your advice on that in the end Cakey, I managed to get hold of two empty toilet roll tubes, a paperclip and a cornflakes box. Adding to that some double sided sticky paper and Shep the dog and no problems....
Thinking of making a new bivvy out of Riks pants next!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
What an absolutely 'orrible thought! You must know what goes on in Rik's pants.......

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I just spoke to him on the phone Graham and read out this thread. And as usual the horrible git had a response:

He said, “your obviously not aware of my seepage then!” (disgusting)

I don’t know where we go from here Graham, you’ve got Cakey with his colostomy bag and Rik with his nicotine stains in his pants. Don’t worry, I’ve already advised him to give up smoking! J

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Cakey should be forced to live in Rik's kecks and Rik should live in Cakey's colostomy bag. That should do the trick.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I thought you just said you hated fox's Ron?

In all seriousness (and I must be coming over all dizzy here cos I’m actually gonna agree with you Ron) the Fox Micron MX is exceptional value for money. (around ?34.99) No issues in bad weather either. Unless you are a complete tackle tart and want more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at I would go for the MX

Mx info:
This ultra compact Micron features a magnet roller wheel with two levels of sensitivity, latching blue LED, tone control and a power out socket in addition to all the features associated with the Micron M.

D

disco dan

Used to own a pair of sensitrons and they were to put it lightly a load of rubbish they never worked when they got wet and batteries seemed to get used up really quickley. I now own a pair of the fox mx's these are brillant and the led is really bright if you are going to get some new alarms get these. :)

C

Cakey

Stuart
After wetting me pants half a dozen times in the last few days with our phone calls and postings on here ,Ive now had a complete break down after reading the name above !!!!

D

David Whitmill

Are any tackle shops doing special offers on the Fox Micron MX's?

What about Bitech Micros? Are they any good?

I still use the Bitech Viper and have been for about 10 years. They've been very reliable and despite many people not liking them, I've always liked them and they've served me well.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
have a check at Bivvy Up David, its the link up there on the left, thats where I got that price, although you may find better if you shop around

M

Mark Lathwell

You can get the fox Micron mx from, www.summerlands.co.uk
Fox. Micron MX Bite Alarm This ultra compact micron features a magnet roller wheel with two levels of sensitivity, latching blue LED, tone control and a power out socket in addition to all the features associated with the Micron M. Available in blue. ?32.99 and postage is cheeper.

C

Cakey

Well I dont think you should buy em ,they are allegedly made in the far east by exploited people.
You should do the same as the rest of us,take a loop of line from just in front of your reel and trap it under a ?1 coin balanced on your rod when you get a take line pulls coin off into tin can placed underneath in right place .
When finished session ?1 coin goes back in sky rocket.
p.s. Stuart uses gold nugget

S

Steven Aisthorpe

Good points - none!
Bad points - dont work unless they are kept dry and the batteries need replacing every couple of months!

I have just replaced mine with a set of Delkim TX-i and receiver. The difference is unbelievable!!

S

Steve Ayscough

I've had a set of standard Delkim's for 6 Years & they have never let me down