Fishing/Camping Midlle of Knowhere

paul davey 2

Reaction score
Hi ther every one

I am a newbie and this is my first post.

I was directed to this site by a user on the lr4x4 site hoping you can help me with a problem.

I have just bought myself a roof tent for my 4x4 and i am wanting to try it out, i am hoping to be able to drive out in to the coutryside away from civilisation sort of speak and hopefully be able to park up at the side of a lake sent up my roof tent and fish for a couple of days. I was wondering if any of you have done this and if so were did you do this or if not do you know anywere where i can do this.

the type of fishing does not really matter as i am in to many types Carp/Pike.Coarse. any help would be great.

Thanks for your time paul

Reaction score
Hi Paul and welcome , a roof tent ? like they used in " A long way down " ?

Most waters are getting picky on what type of "Bivvie " that you are allowed to use these days , plus few waters that you can drive and park behind , but you will find a few .

The vision that I have in mind is carp fishing at night , kippng in the old roof tent and you get a run , jump up, run out .........and break your neck ./forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Geoff Brown

Reaction score
Rough camping is hard (but not impossible) to come by in the 'every bit of land is owned by someone' UK, but I imagine the Scout Association might be able to recommend somewhere. Scotland would be the easiest place to find what you're after I would think.

paul davey 2

Reaction score
Cheers Les for the reply, you have a point i prob would break my neck lol, but i was only going to use the tent just for when im tired to sleep,

Hi geoff i have had someone mention scotland to me already i think that might have to be the place, will just have to find a place in scotland i will try the scout route to see what feedback i get.

Thank you to both of you for the replies they are mcuh appriciated

cheers paul

paul davey 2

Reaction score
Hi again thankyou all for your replies, Yeah Lord paul it comes with a ladder i havnt got around to mounting it yet to the back of the landy it is part of the roof rack set up. Hi there slimemonster sound like your a ray mears type of guy lol,

Cheers ed for the site link ive had a quick look, looks usefull i will have a closer lokk tomoz to see if there is any info i can gather from them

cheers all again

paul