TFG Patriot Bait Boat

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi there i dont own the boat so cant comment on the performance of it but im afraid with bait boats as with all fishing tackle you are only going to get what you pay for having owned a angling tecnics boat now for years i would recommend yuo try and save up abit more cash and buy a boat from a better known boat maker eg viper,angling tec,bsa even if it means getting a second hand one i nothis doesnt answer your question but that is what i would recommend cheers

Dave Lee 2

Reaction score
hi Dave, I used to own the orca podskater which is the same as the patriot, its a strongbuilt boat,not badto controland all the workings are easy to change or repair. I carried out a few mods on it like a waterproof on off switch so you don't have to keep opening it up and a stronger opening cable. It tends to roll a lot but as they say it won't sink. On quite a number of times the hook caught on delivery which is so anoying as you prob won't know until you get it back to shore so have to run it out again so a stick or pva nugget on the hookwill sort it. Bait wise it won't deliver wet/damp baits or maggots etc as it gets gummed up in the delivery paddle. So to finnish with i will sayI sold it and now have a Viper Icon, it blows the Patriot out the water with it finnish, quality and perfect control,it manouvers as good forward or reverse andwill spin on its axsisas it has twin jet pumps instead of the single prop in the patriot, the only downside is the battery doesn't last so long so make sure you have a spare on longer sessions,I bought a hopper cover for it as wellto cover the bait which finnishes it off nicely. I hope this helps, they are the same price £400 your choice mate, me I would go for the Icon.... Dave...

David Slater

Reaction score
Thanks Dave for that - the more i have read/heard about the Viper the better it sounds.

thompson gazza

Reaction score
I have the Pondskater Orca which is the version 1 (The TFG is version 2 and has updated electrics). Absolutely stonking little boat. Have owned for 8 months without a problem. Does exactly what it says on the tim - delivers bait with no fuss or fancy gadgets that cost an arm and a leg.

Scott Ankner

Reaction score
I am looking for a bait boat manufacturer that will export to the USA, or a distributor located in the US. Can any one help. Thanks

ryan beno

Reaction score
hi guys i own the patriot i only have trouble tipping pellet as it sometimes gets stuck but boilies just roll straight out. the boat has a long lasting battery and is rather fast i would honestly reccomend this boat to any one who doesent have 400-500 to spend .great boat for the money

quorky

Reaction score
micro cat i got mine for £400 on ebay with bag battery meter and two pair of batterys.their not as dearas people think

CARP4ME

Reaction score
I havea Pondskater Orca works fine.It is exactly the same as the patriot just doesent have a patriot sticker or TFG on the back.And i think you will find its about £100 quid cheaper.I think good old matt already makes enough from his endless fishing reruns on sky with outyou helping him out. Spend the £100 saved on your wife-girlfreind to get out fishing more often. or kick em to the curb and spend it on extra gear.