looking for someone to fish with

P

pons

You are the master of short one liners,Russell/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Pons

W

Wolfman Woody

If you were to exlain your circumstances and whereabouts you live, you may get a response.

This post will at least bump your thread to the top again.

F

Fred Bonney

Russell, your first post gave no idea what part of the Country you were in ,let alone where you wanted to fish.

Start again, introduce yourself, tell people your age group.

Do you drive, are you prepared to travel, or do you need a lift?

Those sort of things

Russell Welsh

Reaction score
right i am russell i am 24 i dont drive but my gf does so i get her to take me i fish mosty dorset along southbourne beach i like to try get to chesil as much as i can. like to pick up tips maybe inprove my casting and find good marks to fish. i sounds a bit sad but none of my mates really sea fish so gets a bit boring on your own lol

BARRIE

Reaction score
Hi Russell i fish on a monday with a friend and we meet friends down on the wall that is the ease arm at Brighton Marina I live there, but sometimes like to go out fishing by my self this never happens always someone I know turns up and starts fishing by the side of me I wish that sometimes I could just have a morning to my self for a bit of peace and quiet one thing about fishing on your own is that you can try out different types of rigs and Baits with out Without someone criticising you ,I tried tiger prawns last week, no good never work, waste of money I got all that sort of thing, but I did manage to get a bit of time to myself before someone turn up and that was that an end to my peaceful mornings fishing I was looking forward to, but ended up getting three very good large size shad in as well as a good size silver eel, a lot of us like to fish by our selves start looking forward to going fishing don't let it put you off because you're on your own at least you don't have to listen to someone going on about football, plenty of sites on the net to get ideas or rigs and things ,And Keep on going you don't have to talk to anyone your there to fish and fishing needs concentration.

keep gowing don't start getting down in the dumps because you're on your own a lot of as our and is the best way is to go fishing

barrie

ps if you want to chat about fishing you can always e-mail me

BARRIE

Reaction score
to Dave Edwards7

what is GF THAT YOU PUT INTO FISHING ?

Barrie

BARRIE

Reaction score
HI HAS ANY ONE HAD ANY LUCK FISHING WITH FROZEN SAND EELS I HAVE PUT HOOK IN HEAD , HAVE TRIED HOOKING IN THE TAIL CUTTING THE SIDES AND STILL NO LUCK WITH THEM

Rickrod

Reaction score
hello barrie
Ive had loads of mackeral and gar fish on frozen sand eels

Beaker

Reaction score
When you use frozen sandeels,defrost them slightly first,then rub them between your fingers to break thier backbone and make them more pliable.

Use a fine wire hok like an Aberdeen and thread them on like a lugworm.

You can catch all sorts of species like whiting bass rays dogfish mackerel and many others.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I fish the beaches round poole and bournemouth on odd occasions, I live in Poole now.

can meet up some time to fish, I can't really give you much help with tips and techniques because I am a rank amateur.

But a small tip for the sandeels is a bit of bait elastic helps.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
So Russell,is it correct to say you are basically interested in Sea fishing rather than Coarse fishing??

From one of your posts where you said you live in Christchurch I had assumed you wanted to fish the Avon or local lakes but then you go onto say you you fish at Southbourne beach etc!!

I cannot,unfortunately,help you with seafishing BUT like others I'm hoping this post will get you back to the top of the list....it might take time but eventually you must get some sort of positive response!

Regards what you can say on FM-perhaps one of the MODERATORS can point you in the right direction,but whatever you do keep asking questions as lots of good info and help available-its helped me no end-it takes a bit of time to get into the swing of things but its worth it!!!

ps Sorry,I missed the fact that you'd posted in the Sea Fishing section!

Last edited:

Mithrandir

Reaction score
just re read some of this, seems it was first posted 2 years ago, so I guess russell got bored LOL