I Need My River Fix

souliedave

Reaction score
Getting fed up now :( not been able to get out on Rivers since October, due to cataclysmic events, flooding, snow, etc, just when you think the rivers are getting right, another downpoor or snowstorm hits the fishing again, Matches on the Severn at Shrewsbury were supposed to get underway in October, i think one Match has been fished, and at the moment it's bank high again, Hopefully Spring is on it's way, and i might be able to get out before the end the Season. Rant Over.:mad:

terry m

Reaction score
I agree Souliedave.

But thankfully the Hants Avon levels - though still very high - arre going the right way. A couple of weeks of rain free weather and it should be looking good!!

csmith10

Reaction score
I have been trotting for chub on my local river the past few weeks and although the river is high and pacey the chub seem to like it that way.
I am fishing the lower Itchen Fishey in March so I'm hoping levels on that river will be down to something like normal to give me a good chance of a grayling or two.

Cheers

souliedave

Reaction score
I finally got it right on tuesday, travelled from Manchester to Shrewsbury, brekkie at the Raven Whitchurch, fished above footbridge on frankwell car park in around 15 foot of water, on bolo mainly, had 3 decent chub, and 16lb+ of Roach and Dace, so an enjoyable day for a change, hope to go again soon!!!:)

maceo

Reaction score
Three weeks left, but another 5 or 6 days of big freeze coming up says the weather forecast.

I will definitely get one more session in before the end of the season. Haven't been yet in 2013 for the reasons mentioned by the OP.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I have not been out at all since November. I was expecting to join a local club on a half year ticket for some river fishing after December 1st...but weather and an unexpected health issue (heart attack, unbelievably) has prevented me getting out at all. Now I am just wiating for a mild spell and i will be out....just hope we get one before the river season finishes. If we dont i will be cursing the closed season!