Too much?

K

Kevan Farmer

I checked out some new pools near to me last week. They are predominately carp but classed as mixed. The daily charge is ?5.00 dawn to dusk - fairly standard - but a season ticket goes for ?100. The biggest carp recorded is approx 20lb. This seems very steep to me especially when considering a BAA ticket is only ?24 for the season. Any comments?

Kevan

J

John Pleasance

It's a lot of dosh for one fishery Kevin but not unusual.

There are as you say plenty of bargains with the bigger clubs.

Sometimes cost can be factor in keeping away more undesirable elements, or keeping down the numbers to make for a quieter fishery.

I'd want to know how many tickets were avasilable in those circumstances.I'd want no time restrictions on fishing either.

It all depends really how badly you want to fish this particular fishery.

If you fished it twice a week for three months thats say 24 sessions @ ?5 each then you're in front.

K

Kevan Farmer

Stuart. Cheslyn Hay in Staffordshire.

John. There are restrictions on fishing - no night fishing. The place is bleak and the pools -3 of them - are all rather small. I had to ask this question as it's been years since I contemplated a season ticket for any club or water. On the strength of these replies I think I am going to give it a miss. I will maybe try the odd day on a day permit.

Kevan

C

Curly

Kevan

Where are these pools? I'm from Bloxwich. I wouldn't think any pools round our neck of the woods were worth that much.

Neil

K

Kevan Farmer

Neil. There are some pools round our area that hold some very nice fish. Trouble is they are by and large private. There are one or two up near Four Ashes way - go up the A5 turn left before Blackfords water.

These particular pools are in Penkridge the website is:
http://www.pillatonpools.co.uk/

The three pools look deceptive on the photographs in the website. None are actually much bigger than an average farm pond. I think they are having a laugh.

Kevan

K

Kevan Farmer

Neil. where are your favourite fishing places then? Know any decentish local waters?

Kevan

C

Curly

Kevan

I fish Blackfords for Bream in the summer. I also fish Sneyd school pool for bream, holds some slabs. Bailey's pool, great for tench and Carp. Trouble is with Bailey's, too many kids, not fishing, but causing a nuisance.

Could you tell me of any pools, in and around our area? I haven't got too many lakes to fish locally and would love to fish somewhere different within a 20 mins drive. Sometimes I am forced to fish commercial waters, which I admit can be great fun but a little boring.

Regards, Neil