Hidden Hertfordshire Estate Lake

Keith M

Reaction score
What I love about this lake is that you can sometimes go there on a weekday and not see another angler (apart from the bailif); or any other person as there are no public footpaths past there, and even at weekends you only see a few other anglers; even though it has somelovely fish in it. But membership is strictly limited at the landowners request.

I've neverbeen to Brookmans Park but it also sounds like a lovely place.

Keith M

Reaction score
Yes I'mfortunate to have been made a life member for services to the club.

It is closed for fishinguntil 1st June and I can't wait to get at the Tench and Crucians again.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Whats that Keith, you dont want to go on your own and you can take a guest, well if you are twisting my arm ok then, i'll come.

tony brooks 4

Reaction score
looks like alake nearnorthaw that i spotted years ago and is signed up as private etc...but i had to have a look so ilifted my bike over the fence and had a mooch about, it looked a picture close up,cant think of the estate name, nimms park perhaps??

anyway, i hope you enjoyed your first day of the new season

Keith M

Reaction score
Thx Tony, I got down there in the late afternoon and had apleasant evenings fishingwith a couple of nice Tench and Crucians plus a small Carp; however the larger Carp had been spooked by some carp anglers who had started fishing the previous evening and were staying another night.

NB. The lake is not the Northaw one, Its a private lake about 1/3rd of a mile from the nearest public road or footpath. but I can't really say anymore as someonemay guess where it is eventually and we don't want any undesirables trying to poach it. even though the bailif virtuallyhas the lake in his backyard./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

tony brooks 3

Reaction score
Nice catch Keith, sounds a nice session and a good start to your season.

absolutley no need to say anymore, totally unsderstand,it was justyour description reminded me of "visiting" thelakeand from what i could tell it was not fished, this was years 10 ago....

good luck

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
tony,

there is a lake in Mimms park, never fished and never will be. I know the game keeper, nice guy but sticks to the rules like s**t to a blanket.

There is also another lake just across the road from Mimms park, Well road, run by Potters Bar AC, but it is'nt any of them.

Keep it to yourself Keith, lucky git/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

tony brooks 3

Reaction score
cheers ray, yeah, thats it..Mimms Park, i remember when i had a look,asi rode my bike awayand went up the hill away from the lake towards the Ridgeway road,i stopped and looked back ...and i could see a clear line in the muddy path where my wheels had gone and there were no other tracks, i thought at the time it would drive a baliff/ gamekeeper mad to know that someone had been in his space by climbing over heavily barbed wire fences lol

not that i am ever going there again...but are there any fish of note in mimm park???

I think the other one on the other side of the roadis Hook Lane, another nice secluded place

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Hook lane has a few good fish in it, mymms park is a little more unknown.

I have walked around it a few times and seen carp on the surface, but nothing of any real size. Rumours of big fish, but just that rumours.

Have even tried to lease the lake but no go, the owners dont need the money.