My Fishing Nirvana

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Nice one Nigel. Good to know that there are others out there that still get butterflies with anticipation of what the day will bring......long may it carry on!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Excellent read mate. Shows you don't have to catch the biggest fish that swims to have fun fishing.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
I'm madly jealous /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

I spend most of my time fishing, rarely do I get a catching day like that, but i do get the butterflies every single time I go out.

A bloody good day Nigel and an equally good read. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

surely waking up in Plymouth is a downer /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Matt Seely

Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel. Due to other commitments I do not fish as often as I would like to. Despite this everytime I do venture out to my local water I ensure I make the most of it. Waking up with enough time to have some breakfast and a cup of coffee outside to watch the sun rise and maybe slip in a few minutes of'A Passion for Angling'.

To me it is not just the catching of fish that is important it is the tranquility of it. The last fishing trip I went on, I had a rather tame robin attempting to eat my bait. The next thing I noticed was the very same robin had landed on the tip of my rod. I was in heaven.

In short, long may this excitment of our wonderful sport continue.

Coxy

Reaction score
Then, rather surreally, my float lifted as in slow motion and rather apologetically slid gently under the surface, again I struck this time something solid on the other end.

Nigel, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck when i read that bit, cracking read, weell done mate.

Nigel Punter

Reaction score
Guys

Thanks for the comments,much appreciated.

Slime Monster

Dunes used to be a Trout lake from what I can gather, apparently about 4 of the lakes used to be used Fly fishing only but now there is only one(Mirage).

CAKEY/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

As a mad Crystal Palace supporter ( I know, must be mad to support Palace) and born and bred in South London, I do miss all the trafic congestion, noise, and pollution! Just looking out towards Jennycliff and the Plymouth Hoe as I write this, smelling the fresh sea air sure is a downer! However one minus point down here is the bloody Gulls, noisy, irritating and seem to delight in attacking our rubbish bins and emptying the contents all over our back garden.

Hoping to get out again this coming weekend and am going to Milemead Fishery just outside Tavistock as I have heard good things about it.

Tight Lines all

Nigel/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Nigel,

What a lovely article, I really enjoyed reading it.

Those 'red-letter' days are few and far between so it is indeed nice to see someone really enjoying the full, and slightly nostalgic, experience.

Tight lines,

PGJ

F

Fred Bonney

Nice writing Nigel. Top catching too/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Skoda

Reaction score
Nigel

What a red-letter day! And a great account, well done./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif