well done E.A

Reaction score
just had to post this as i see alot of negativity about the E.A and the positives never get told.
i work in lincoln and live in washingborough, i dont drive so i cycle to work along a cycle track that runs between the witham and sincil drain.For the last 4 weeks, every friday there have been different people out fishing the drain and witham, each time i stopi tell them they shouldnt be fishing.i try to do it in a friendly way, one group were polish and i think they really didnt know about the closed season as when i spoke to them they were friendly and understanding and they packed up and moved and i havnt seen them back yet.

The rest of the people i see are all english who know full well they shouldnt be there and when you talk to them you dont get the kindest of words back.one guy even told me what would happen if i " grassed him up and dont f off ". i didnt respond to this (actually very unlike me lol)
Today he was there with a friend again so rather than confront them i got straight on the phone to the E.A and after a quick chat they took some details and said they will look into it. i wasnt expecting much to be honest but after i had got home recieved a call back from an agency officer to tell me they had gone for a look and caught 2 unlicenced anglers just where i said!

Now i would like to just put this out there for people so they can see our licence does pay for something and to say thanks to the E.A as they also say they will keep a more regular patrol of the area so well done!

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
thats exactly what should happen Paul. well done to you for calling the EA in the first place.

John Heelis

Reaction score
Sweet good job, Paul and EA.

(watch out on your ride to work for a bit, you know what some folk are like)

Reaction score
thanks guys,i felt bad for calling at first as todays world says you shouldnt "grass" but i thought why should i feel bad, im not in the wrong!
not too worried about any reprisals.im a chilled out sort of guy but i can normally look after myself if need be.not that i like to have to now ive grown up a bit lol!
roll on the 16th then we can all get on the banks and everyones happy,only have to worry bout the cormarrants ruining the fishing then, o and the otter i think is moving up the stretch!/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif