pike fishing buddy

foxyaz81

Reaction score
hi guys im new here and relatively new to piking iv ad quite alot of jacks and a big female which i think is over 20lb but ad no scales. im lookin for sum1 i can tag along wiv to show me how to fish properly i.e rigs etc i particularly enjoy lure fishing n wud love sum expert knowledge i live in widnes cheshire im 31 and i drive to . cheers guys

graham472

Reaction score
Seek out your local PAC region and go along to one of there meetings.You should find lots of pikers local to you who should be of help.

foxyaz81

Reaction score
Thanks graham but do they have them at weekends coz i work shifts thru the week. And how do i find out about the PAC region

sh1n0bi

Reaction score
Hiya foxy, knobs never pike fished before but really want to get into that side of things. I live in Buckley next to Cheshire, and I'm looking for someone to go fishing with too. My father inlaw pike fished when he was younger and sea fishes too. But he's having financial difficulties atm and I can't afford to keep paying for all the extra bait etc for him.

So if your up for it we could meet up somewhere and fish together. I don't know where you fish but I've heard ecclestone area of the river Dee has pike, bream, tench etc...

foxyaz81

Reaction score
Hi mate im aaron so how far away r u . Do u no were widnes is

sh1n0bi

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm liam. We're about half hour drive from each other.

Where about is it you fish for pike?

foxyaz81

Reaction score
Nice to meet u liam. N i fish the bridgewater canal in runcorn n the canal in widnes not sure wot dat 1 is called its only 5 min walk frm mine to n is full of pike. U shud come n giv it a go i know a few good spots were iv ad loads of pike

sh1n0bi

Reaction score
Wow, you lucky get haha. I've got the river Dee right next to me, few mins away its sea fish, then around 9 mile away its turned into fresh water by then and is where I mentioned earlier with pike etc.

A brilliant place to fish is where my father inlaw lived as a kid is Shrewsbury where Matt heyes lives they've got the severn there. That's full of pike, bream, and god knows what else.

That's around same distance as we are apart in other direction, just never got around to going that way :-/

foxyaz81

Reaction score
Av never the severn so i wudnt mind givin dat place a go. Was talkin to a fella on da bridgey on sunday he sed da severn is full of pike. Have to sort a trip out

sh1n0bi

Reaction score
Yeah cool, probably best to go there with father inlaw as he knows all the best places but chances are he won't have money lol.

When you next fishing for pike?

Need to get some pike tackle, what do I need I know I need lures which I have, but wire traces etc...

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Will have to change numbers and sort something out.

P.m me your number if you want?

foxyaz81

Reaction score
Yeh iv always wanted to fish the severn! Was talkin to a fella on sunday on da bridgey while i was pikin he sed da severn was full of pike. Guna try n get on there soon i think.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Haha thought id messaged u bk already but cudnt c da message so sent it agen lol. We can fish da canal by mine if u want til u get use to wot ur doin coz iv neva fished a river. N u jus need sum pike bungs wire traces wiv size 6 or 8 trebles a pair of forceps n ya basically done. We'll catch some livebaits coz there da best to use for pike i think

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

This forum seems to be playing up! Have u recieved a message off me to ur reply about the severn