The Alternative Angler ? Clattercote 2008

Chris Bettis

Reaction score
Kevin,
The wind rustling those feathers was the only action Isaw until light relief came from the upside down brolly and floating mobile phone incident.
Yesterday I had a session from 5pm till 9pm at my local 12 acre resevoir yesterday. Had 7 bream aroung the 4lb mark, 2 small roach and had two fish throw the hook at the net. The penalty for fishing in a way where I had to strike I suppose instead of using self hooking rigs. It did restore my faith though, it seems that I can catch fish sometimes.
Perhaps next year something may jump into my keepnet at Clatterbrook, or perhaps not. I propose next year to fish normal methods. Bugger bagging wagglers and fancy baits I shall stick to red worms tipped with caster. No silly thin ends stuck on the end of the rod.
I shall stick to sensitive fingers (OK, that lays me wide open) but it has worked for the nearly 60 years I have fished. If I want an easy day I will stick to good old maggots and a waggler close in and feed, feed, fedd for the whole match.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Barney cadges leaders, cadges fly reels, cadges me fly line, now he's cadging maggots!!!

/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Ahhh, but Barney madea fatal mistake cadging bait from me.

I only take specially trained 'Blanking Maggots' to Clattercote.......!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Kevin /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

My reception went through the roof! I got pictures from Mars!

And only £14.50 for a new moby...........Bargain! /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

The sim card was empty, but the memory card still has the pics of the beachcaster rig /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I had my back to you, but I thought you were gonna empty the lake after one minute! What a start!

G

Gary Knowles

Don't forget I also cadged maggots....

and a lead from Mark....

Before he fell in that was....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You tried to cadge some maggots off me as well Barney and you know what happened.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Gary,

Mark and Graham are still pretty 'easy' though, now, in order to become the ultimate cadger I'm afraid that you have got to get that nice Jeff Woodhouse digging into his bait bags to help you out.

insert that daft face designed by Harvey R Ball in the early 60's
(he has an awful lot to answer for has that man)

G

Gary Knowles

"You tried to cadge some maggots off me as well Barney and you know what happened"...yeah, you spat in my bait tub...I reckon thats why they didn't work....