Boilies

I

Ian White

I wish to make my own boilies can anybody tell me what ingredients to use and in what amounts also any recipes to use thanks

T

Tony Watkins

Ian,
It all depends on how serious you want to get into boilie making. I would advise on starting it with a simple recipe. A simple base mix like Richworth 50/50 (approx 1lb), 4 medium size eggs, a flavour of your choice (approx 3-5ml) and maybe a few ml of sweetener. You could also add some colour if you wish.

K

Kit Stokes

I tried your recipe Kevin and it was great because it was so cheap (I got 1000 grms of ground rice 1000 grams of semolina and ten eggs for &3.17 from sainsburys). Instead of using the banana flavouring I used Rod Hutchinson chocolate flavouring and some sweetener. But what I found was the mix came out quite dry so I added a little bit of water, this seemed to do the trick and so I started rolling.
But once they had been boiled they were quite sticky and had a rough texture on them. Do you know why?

K

Kevan Garrett

yes kit
you used the semolina from sainsburys and if you look at it, it is more like a suger granual than a powder,i went and tried it myself,and that is the problem.So, buy your semolina from asda or make sure it is more like a powder
kevan