Which hooklength

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest the best hooklength, low diameter but very strong. I will be using it for tench/carp fishing (carp up to about 12lb) So need it to be able to handle hard fighting fish but be as low in diameter as possible.

E

EC

I've done ok with Aiken Concept2000 (4lb), WB clarke Matchline (6lb)when used as a hooklength material whilstfishing on the float, and a mate of mine who does a lot of pole fishing uses the Dave Harrel stuff (MAP carp???) or something like that.

I've also used braided hooklinkslike of Drennan Sink Link which is good and I know kryston do loads, I've usedKryston silkworm for years. Theseare whatI often use if amlegering, as opposed to float fishing. These are often thicker diameter wise,but much softer and very strong!

If you want a fluro hooklengthhave a look at Virage in 10lb.

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
cheers Eddie will take a look at those, just seemed to not have so many bites when using thicker diameter, obviously fishing for tench & carp I do need the strength so trying to find the perfect blend of strength and low diameter

slime monster

Reaction score
hi macca, i use preston power line for hook lengths,if you are using a carp match rod 014 is a good reliable diameter for better size tench and carp to double figures.

you would be surprised how little pressure you are actually pulling through the rod ,0.14 line is about 4.5 bs try lifting that on any rod......no please dont . hope this helps.

Reaction score
Try smart genesis, everyone who was using preston powerline has switched, its as strong but finer.

0.18 stuff is belting, doesnt coil as much as the powerline either

morty

Reaction score
hi macca_efc i use lazer tornado line 0.14and its 3.3kg [7.27lb] very strong .i use it straight through for my pole rigs .another i use is gamakatsu super G-line at 0.14its 2.8kg [6.2lb] hope this helps u