Anyone looking for a Chris Lythe Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

chav professor

Reaction score
Tell you what, better return on investment than slinging money in the bank for two years.....

Same could be said of Andrew Field floats and one or two cane rod manufactures......

Could owning Chris Lythe centre pins be more fun than investing in some stagnating pension fund?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Tell you what, better return on investment than slinging money in the bank for two years.....

Same could be said of Andrew Field floats and one or two cane rod manufactures......

Could owning Chris Lythe centre pins be more fun than investing in some stagnating pension fund?

More fun certainly,Christian but I doubt the return would keep you in the manner to which you are accustomed for very long......on the other hand in Ipswich maybe it would :D

nicepix

Reaction score

I agree that money in the bank isn't returning much interest, but there are other investments or ways to make money for little effort and some of them can be fun. The stock market is currently returning well over bank rate for me and I enjoy the cut and thrust of the deals.

The thing I don't get about investing in this reel is that the majority of the ones I've seen on eBay, and I include other top end 'pins in this, are described as 'unused' or 'hardly used'. If you are not going to use your investment then you might as well put your money into more worthwhile investments. If you do use your investment for fishing then you run the risk of ruining its value. All it takes is a scratch or dent to devalue it considerably.

paul80

Reaction score
No No No, that would make it worth even more, as it would be the only Chris Lythe Pin that had ever been used :wh don't all the others just languish in display cases. :eek:mg:

Paul:cool:

paul80

Reaction score
Playing the old OneUpManship Game can get quite expensive can't it.

Paul

nicepix

Reaction score
nicepix...your deffo very jealous, i'm embarrassed for you :eek:mg:

Don't feel embarrassed for me. If I wanted a Lythe reel I would buy one. I can easily afford it but I simply don't want one. I can't see the point of ordering a copy of an obsolete reel.

Status
Not open for further replies.