Livebaiting

foxyaz81

Reaction score
Been out livebaiting today set up about 4 caught few roach but had know no pike. I know da canal i fish is stuffed wiv pike but jus couldn get a take was very surprised as it usually throws up a pike or three. Thought they mite of switched on wiv last lite approaching. What was i doin wrong any ideas guys

B

binka

There could be a number of reasons but it sounds to me like it was just one of those days when they're simply not having it... it happens unfortunately as I know only too well.

Are they usually small jacks that it throws up?

Could be that a burly female has taken up residence and might be worth sitting it out on a large deadbait if it's a known holding spot for jacks, or maybe a roving approach to find where the pike are?

It can be a tricky time of the year when the bigger fish might begin to get distracted with the idea of spawning, especially after a spell of recent mild weather which we've just had.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think you have knocked the nail on the head with the last bit had three blanks in the last week up till then was catching steadily till last wed fri sun.

foxyaz81

Reaction score
Yeh mainly jacks did hear of a 22lber comin out n forgot to mention it was two days on da run i blanked! I went bout 4ish both days to no avail so am thinkin wether there feedin in the mornings so was thinkin of gettin on there after my night shift. And also have heard its been battered by alot of people coz of the pike dat have been comin out