How do i fish well with a pole

Oliver Giles

Reaction score
Hi im just wondering about carp fishing with a pole i do most of my fishing at a pace called meadow view.............. and all you have to do to catch is fish close in and you get fish after fish.........im fishing with a margin carp pole and im wondering what technique's i can use to catch the "big ones" at other locations and what should i do can you use hair rigs, how far out etc......... thanks in advance

Oliver Giles

Reaction score
Sorry forgot to add i just want some basic good tips from people who know what there talking ting about........as you can probably tell I'm new to this site............what can you advise.......

F

Frothey

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Oliver Giles wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>what can you advise.......</blockquote>

not to use a pole? seriously, if you want to fish for big carp (though what do you mean by big?) think VERY carefully about using a pole. you will catch, and possibly land big carp on them, but 20+ elastics and just "dragging" them in with a pole aren't really my idea of fishing.

no need for hair rigs or complicated end tackle - you'll catch less in the long run. the advantage of pole fishing is the presentation you can achieve