To Minnow or not to minnow

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Simple lads, I am considering taking a couple of Sprats minnowing on the local river with cane line attatched old school style ,would you folks on fm consider this to be acceptable or not considering this is the only venue suitable for the job in the local vicinity.
Opinions please.

MJ

Reaction score
you will do well to catch a minnow on a sprat. I'd use either bread or maggots if I were you /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
as long as you dont do it before June 16th Gav. Theres nowt wrong with canes and minnows. Its good fun and its what fishing is all about.

F

Fred Bonney

Quite honestly, I can't think that going prepared witha piece of bamboo & line would fall foul of any EA official(if there was one about)even in the closed season.

We all started that way ,go ahead Gavin.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I thought the same Fred ,and it really is the only water were I know they will get bites even with the noise and all.Thanks chaps .

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Go for it Gav, and I hope you have a fun day.

Like Cakey, its the way I started, unlike him though I might have improved, but just a little.

[inert smiley thing]

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Just back chaps ,and a good little session occured for my fishy little friends,not one minnow or stickleback was caught unfortunatly but but a half pound trout was believe it or not ,it was a good job I took an old quiver top section as the misses had used the cane in the garden ,unbelievable well a further three were hooked and sadly bumped off.Fishing is mad,and thanks for the feedback.