Waterworld Tonight

R

Robert Draper

Did anyone see Waterworld tonight (the considerably cheaper version than Mr Costner's).

Two anglers were caught fishing a private marina, one was polite and moved on, the other was a complete jerk and just kept shouting about why the owner couldn't put a sign up.

Guess which one will be remembered by the general public. Sod confiscating tackle I think we should have a right to drown these people...

J

John Tait

One obvious difference between the two was that the guy who politely accepted the fact that he should not have been fishing in the marina had children with him - he set a very good example.

As for the other, he may well have a good point IF the fact that the marina is private is not clearly signed. But there is still no need to be such a rude and ignorant so-and-so - I noticed that at least one swear word had to be bleeped out.

And why was he so worried about being seen on camera - maybe he should have been elsewhere, like work or something.

K

Kevan Farmer

What could the woman have done though seriously? She could not physically touch him or his tackle - no smutty remarks please :) To evict him from the land she would have had to get a court order by which time he would have been long gone of course. I agree that the guy was way over the top in rudeness. Perhaps if he had been polite and apologised he may have been able to negotiate restricted fishing rights in the future. Now, nobody has any chance. It looked a nice quiet water too.

Kevan

A

Ashe Hurst

Afew times ive been tempeted to fish a water with no signs etc and on private land.
Alittle bit of home work to find the owner
can pay off,as to can a bit of persistant politness and explanation of your intentions
and a bit about angling.

This i find opens the eyes of a non angling land owner and sometimes gets me some good fishing every so often on private unfished waters.
However,it dont always work, but atleast will leave a good impression and maybe another try later.
But remember,dont abuse the situation and stick to the owners wishes.