Spod Question

• Thread starter Baz (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

Baz (Angel of the North)

I have a spod which I think was one of the earlier types. I think it is in the Gardner range.

On the nose cone end there is a loop or swivel attatchment. The purpose for this was that after you had cast the spod out, the line or whatever that is attatched to the nose cone end, turned your spod around so that the spod was reeled in nose first which stopped you from dragging half the lake back on the rewind, so it was easier to retrieve.

Does anybody know how to set this spod up or can show a link on how to do it?

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Baz; Just to say hello mate. Sorry I can,t help you on this one.

But I think Cakey is you,re man. As I know he loves a spod or two.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Would make a lot of sense Baz, cut down the drag and make it a lot easier to retrieve. Not seen the spod you are referring to, but would like to know a little more myself.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Thanks Richard/Jim.

I can get the distance no problem. It's winding it back in that is a pain.

Fished next to a chap who coaches tournament casting the other day, he came over to where I was fishing for an hour and improved my style no end in about half an hour and at no charge. (many thanks Steve).

I'm off to see one of the carp lads shortly. He might know about this spod with a brass loop in the nose cone and how it is supposed to work.

Or if Cakey sees this post and knows anyhing, I would appreciate the info.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I think there use to be a metal loop at the open end that clipped to the line. Which realeased when the spod hits the water.

Same principle as a clipped up sea rig.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Will bring you one to Sywell Mr White, being one of the country's top carpers i'm sure you must have seen one before.