Fish on the line

The bad one

Reaction score
Much talk about our friends from elsewhere in Europe has crossed these pages over the last few years and their consumption of coarse fish taken from UK waters.

But, never have I seen photo evidence of in any of the threads, until now!

I took these photos on a tip off from a neighbour about an hour ago
fish_on_the_line__washingline_2.jpeg

So what have I done about it?

Reported it to the EA and sent the photos

Reported it to the police. Pointing out to them that this is likely to be an offence under the Theft Act, as the most likely place they have come from is a stillwater and without the owners consent.

And that thepeople who live at the address are of Eastern European origin.

Phil not the bad one

mick rees

Reaction score
S o has any action been taken? highly unlikely though, they will probably just plead ignorance , or some other excuse .Let us know iy will be interesting.

Reaction score
Crikey

Glad to here you reported it Phil. Let's hope something comes of it.

What beats me is why are they hung up on the line in the first place?????

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
That is one disgusting image.....sad news is though, even if the ACA or the police would follow it up, I doubt they can do much, as they have no evidence where/when and how those people came by those fish/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

The bad one

Reaction score
The reason they are on the line is they are being air dried to preserve them, for consumption at a later date. Common practice in Eastern Europe mate.

If the police were so inclined, which I doubt they are, they could legally go knocking on the door and say we have reason to believe you have stolen property in your possession, andask them to account for how they came by them and from where.

I'll not hold my breath though for them doing it.

But as they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat over this /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif