Whats the shortest pole when packed down?

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Evening all.

I've got a middy white knuckle margin pole which packs down to next to nothing (3ft -4ft max) which is handy for sticking in the car boot. Is that the best about for packing down to that size ? Everything else is 6ft and I fancy a change but keep the packed up size down to a minimum.

nicepix

Reaction score
I have a cheap 15 foot pole that packs down to around 3 feet. When I used to explore the old canals where I used to live I would take that with two or three rigs, a net, disgorger and some bait. It was far easier to carry and thread through the vegetation when packed and only took a few seconds to make ready.

C

chefster

Why dont you get one of those "Des Taylor" pocket pen rods ,then you could just put it in your pocket!! :):)

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Why dont you get one of those "Des Taylor" pocket pen rods ,then you could just put it in your pocket!! :):)

I'd like something a bit more useable !!

Tried to find some info on t'internet and come up with the square root of sod all. Nobody gives sizes !

C

chefster

To be honest mate,most people are only interested in the assembled length rather than when packed away.If you go to the tackle shop near you look at the rack and compare the butt section lengths....;)