CHEAP FLAVOURS

G

GYPSY DAVE

Myself and 4 friends are going to go on our lake this year with a new bait which we are rolling ourselve's. (Got a great deal from QUALITY BAITS by the way) Doe's any one know where you can buy liquid Flavours in bulk; I.E. 500ml or more, that are of a decent quality, as if we use a "NAME" brand we are looking at over ?80 quid!!! HELP!!!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
GD, why don't you use supermarket flavours for cake mixes? Thats waht I do, well cheap and no issues catching on them.

J

Jon Moores

GD, Why go for a concentrated artificial flavour, particularly if a group of you are applying the bait over a long period? How about something like liquid molasses or garlic (either oil or the powder sold for horse feed)or one of the supermarket fish sauces.

R

Rob Thompson

Spot on John - Molasses ?4 a gallon - the forgotten additive (or if your cynical the additive with a different name for ?10 per 100ml) - if you want a flavour what rate are you putting in and how can it cost ?80, a Richworth bottle for instance will do 25 kgs at 2ml and costs a couple of quid - if you are doshing loads of food type bait in you don't want it smelling like a b1oddy ready made.

G

GYPSY DAVE

ROB
Correct. But at 2ml per pound x 200lb of bait = 400ml and 400ml of Solar Squid & Koi @ ?18 x 100ml = ?76. So you can see what sort of quality i'm looking for but trying to be a cheapskate at the same time.Any more ideas anyone?

R

Roto fryer

tell me what you want m8 and ill help you out
crab 21.70 + vat per kg (thats an expensive one)
send me an e-mail. at home i got a litre of plumb,cranberry, pineapple,tuti, smoked herring (richworth swan mussle), fruit salad, and a couple of opthers but i have a list of a 100 or so ranging from 10.50 plus per kg.
but im telling u all now if u have a good bait u dont need all these silly flavours in them so think about it.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Thats an interesting view point Roto and a topic thats very dear to my heart as I'm currently trying to get right under the skin of bait theories. May I suggest you do an article on your theories as I (and many more no doubt) would love to hear about it.

I'm trying to sponge up as much as possible of this kind of info at the moment to increase my knowledge base.

R

Roto fryer

no article but when you look at carp pellets you see that they are made to be a complete nutritional diet for carp.there are no added flavours.for me this is the way to go

R

Roto fryer

last chance for these flavours at cost price after tommorrowyou pay four quid per 100 mls for the cheapest and 7 quid per 100 mls of the most expensive.
all flavours are 1000-1 and used by big bait companies

R

Roto fryer

i also have liqiud liver @ 3.50 per 100 ml
liver powder @ 2.50 per 50 grammes.
all are human grade and there are no catches.
flavours are 4 and 6 quid not four and 7 per 100 mls of 1000 -1.
glycol bases