Childrens Set up

rumnraisan

Reaction score
I have a 13 yr old daughter and a 10 yr old son who adore fishing.
They have been using whips up to now, but i want to teach them some more skills.
Can anyone recommend a good junior set up please..

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 ----------

....or if anyone got any junior gear to sell PM me details. Im in Essex but willing to travel.
Cheers

C

chefster

KORUM do the new "club starter kits" ideal for young newcomers -all quality gear,check them out on their website or your local tackle dealer...... :)

rumnraisan

Reaction score
The Korum kit looks nice for my son..his own little set up : ).....my daughter is left handed so have just bought a nice looking left handed reel off fleebay which i think she will appreciate!..and she can use my tackle.

C

chefster

The good thing about the Korum kit is that its quality usable tackle and like you say contains everything your lad will need to hold his interest-You should of seen what i started with 45 years ago!!!!:)

rumnraisan

Reaction score
haha exactly the same as me probably...still caught me a very dark green 5lb tench on my first outing with grandad : )

C

chefster

haha exactly the same as me probably...still caught me a very dark green 5lb tench on my first outing with grandad : )

Mate the only 5lb tench i ever saw was in my mr Crabtree book!! all we used to catch were gudgeon,perch etc on the canal:)

rumnraisan

Reaction score
Definitely beginners luck!!, have not come close to that tench wise yet....maybe that will be our target for our first spring outings with our new gear : )

C

chefster

Definitely beginners luck!!, have not come close to that tench wise yet....maybe that will be our target for our first spring outings with our new gear : )

Yeah good luck mate,hope the kids get on ok as well,all the best,:) Gaz

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
The Korum kit looks nice for my son..his own little set up : ).....my daughter is left handed so have just bought a nice looking left handed reel off fleebay which i think she will appreciate!..and she can use my tackle.

Could be wrong:eek:, but most; if not all; reels (these days) can change the side the winder is on.

rumnraisan

Reaction score
Maver abyss rods are decent for the price and if the kids loose interest good for you to use , same with korum

Thank you M,Lord...sounds like a great piece of kit for my daughter, was looking for a pink rod for her but they are the same price as the Mavers and to be honest as soon as she puts it down i will be picking it up : )

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

just picked up a Abyss X Series 10ft Match Rod for £29 online...think i will just make sure its working properly on Thursday evening before she uses it ; )

rumnraisan

Reaction score
Ive been using a 12ft Shimano Hyperloop match and feeder for the past 8 yrs!!.
Will see how the new Maver float feels and maybe invest in the feeder too...have you used one?

danozzy

Reaction score
I have a 12ft Maver Abyss X match rod and use it alot!
I've landed some really nice fish on this and can honestly say they are good rods for the money!