Jack from Maidstone in Kent

jibb11

Reaction score
Hi there I've just joined as I was searching on google a lot about the river Medway in my home town as there was some very interesting threads!

I'm a carp fisherman but this weekend i just purchased a drennan series 7 tench and specimen rod with a nice Shimano 2500 reel! I'm hoping to be a much more mobile angler this year focusing mainly on the river Medway! Float fishing tactics is something I'd love to return to as sitting behind 2 rods is mindless at times.

Thanks

C

chefster

H there Jack ,welcome mate,used to live in Kent myself,fished Medway,and Kentish Stour,and Rother good all year round fishing,all the best Chefster

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Welcome Jack, know the Medway well but mainly above Yalding.

Hope that you enjoy the Forum.

Stu

barbelboi

Reaction score
Hi Jack, welcome to FM.
Jerry
PS - I might be pushing 65 but my eyesight is still good - what font do you use, there's no need to shout;)

la_

Reaction score
Hi Jack,

I too have been more into carp fishing but have recently remembered how much i enjoy blanking on the rivers as opposed to the lakes, only to realise that the season is coming to an end soon! I will probably get a Mvas membership for the new season!

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Don't forget there are the rivers; Beult and Teise which are also not too far away from you, also the Eden can be good at times.

paul80

Reaction score
H there Jack ,welcome mate,used to live in Kent myself,fished Medway,and Kentish Stour,and Rother good all year round fishing,all the best Chefster

Can you recommend any good areas on these rivers.

And how are they controlled, Club only, day ticket, open & free.

Thanks

Paul

theartist

Reaction score
Welcome Jack

Paul, The Medway from Maidstone upstream to East Farleigh is all free fishing loads of silvers in there. A few Carp about but nomadic, only fished it once but saw a few. The Beult and the Teise are on a calpac ticket i believe and i think theres a day ticket stretch of the Eden at edenbride although i'm yet to try those three rivers. Think the Stour has free stretches around canterbury too.

jibb11

Reaction score
thanks for he warm welcome everyone!

nice to see people have a good knowledge of my local rivers too!

thanks for the advice! :)