Fishing holiday in Lincolnshire

Blunderer

Reaction score
My wife has agreed to a week away in Lincolnshire or thereabouts this summer. The agreement is we take the entire family - 6 adults and 4 under 2s. She has agreed that a place with fishing lakes will be perfect forus all, as long as it is a cottage rather than a caravan we stay in, so there is a patio type area for nightly BBQS etc.

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas? I fish mainly for big carp and barbel but will take whatever I can get.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
If you don't mind spending a week in a fishing lodge, there is Woodland Watersnear Grantham www.woodlandwaters.co.uk

About 20 miles west of Woodland Waters, you have some excellent barbel fishing on the Trent around the Newark area, withnumerous Day Ticketstretches.

For non-fishing days out, you also have Belton House and Belvoir Castle nearby or take a trip to RAF Coningsby and watch the Eurofighter the Typhoons take off and land. It is also home to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

swanny999

Reaction score
Tetford

Just spent a week there again. very friendly and clean. Nothing very big but plenty of roach rudd skimmers crucians, all in all we considered it a good week. Decent breakfast. Going again September.

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
Blunderer, have to agree with the other guys. Woodland Waters will cater for all your needs, including the youngsters (plenty of playground type swings and slides etc). Plenty of small carp and tench in the Small Carp Lake (what else would you call it?) but I found the Match Lake brilliant for good sized tench and bream with some carp approaching double figures.

What the web site doesn't mention, however, is the mess left by the flocks of Canada geese and, unless they've shot them recently, be careful where you walk. I would also make sure you take a good selection of tinned grub asfood shopping facilities are limited in the immediate locality.