Robert back after 38 years

robert2411

Reaction score
Hi guys just joinded and back fishing after 38 years, god its has changed but bought myslef some second hand gear on ebay and went off for the day a couple of mondays ago and blanked. Not put off waiting for higher temps before i go off again. Harrow is my area and looking for suggestions for places to fish thanks. R:)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to FM Robert - nice to have another local on board.
Jerry
PS What sort of fishing are you in to?

robert2411

Reaction score
Coarse general stuff not really a carp man but will put one rod out i like rivers and natural lakes preferably but will start at Stanborough i think as it has a good head of bream and other silver fish. i will be going in the week as i am self employed. where are you and where do you go ?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Coarse general stuff not really a carp man but will put one rod out i like rivers and natural lakes preferably but will start at Stanborough i think as it has a good head of bream and other silver fish. i will be going in the week as i am self employed. where are you and where do you go ?

PM on the way.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Hi Robert, I have been fishing the open matches at Stanborough lake recently. They are on Sundays and Thursdays so unless you fancy a match best to avoid those 2 days. This time of year it is skimmers and some proper bream but little else. Most use basic running cage feeder with fishmeal groundbait and maggot hookbait on a light set up . Cast a good 30 to 50 yards out.
Good luck....

B

binka

Welcome back to angling Robert and welcome to FM, tight lines

3D_emoticon_71_zps0cbf43ca.gif

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Hi Rob and welcome.

Although I haven't fished it, I vaguely remember a lake around Ruislip way, they also had speed boats and water skiing though:eek:

theartist

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Robert don't overlook the rivers around watford this time of year and if you go stanboro lake the Lea that runs along side is well worth a go. Stanboro is a better bet than Ruslip lido and will fish better in the spring when it warms up a bit.