water proofs

nik saunders

Reaction score
any one recomend good water proofs been lookin at the deerhunter range and korda ,prologic trouble being im tall and slim so the trousers have to be long enough like a xl but a l in waist any info from any other lamposts out there /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

Nik,

For real water-proof/winter gear I use Sundridge.

I've not seen the deerhunter range but if I were you I would go to your nearest tackle shop and see the clothing first hand, especially as you're the shape and size of a lamp-post, and you can always take it back!

Are you looking for summer / autumn/ winter gear?

Lastly, I bought a tf gear force 8 suit for spring and autumn and although I've not been caught in a down-pour whilst wearing it, I can thoroughly recommend it for comfort and quality.

Hope this helps,

Dal

nik saunders

Reaction score
i do like the prologic range bit they get you when want some thing light and warm max1 is the light gear and max 4 for winter dont really wanna buy both sets ,also the korda gear looks good but looks like you can get to hot in that oh dearim such a fuss pot

BarryC

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem being short for my weight.

Why in these days of ever increasing waistline do all manufacturers assume that someone with a 40 inch waist is 7 feet tall leaving you with 18 inches of surplus material to drag in the mud.

nik saunders

Reaction score
i agree mate the last set i had was esp drench ware and only came as a combo so i needed a large jacket and large in trousers but would not let me mix a match

E

EC

I'd go with sundridge, I've had various bits of their kit all reviewed on the site and all has been first class.

Have a look at the Soldier 95 Army Goretex jacket as well Nik. I just got one off ebay, cheap, even when new, rolls up to nothing, is lightweight, waterproof etc etc. Superb!

nik saunders

Reaction score
cheers eddie im not bothered about camo just comfort ,warmth, lightness,size , gonna have a look at that gortetex thing mate can i ask how much or is that being rude /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

E

EC

Mine was 2nd hand Nik, military surplusand cost me just over12 quid. They usually sell as good as new for £20ish, with many advertised as brand new for £30ish.

I only bought it for a summer waterproof that can be stowed away easily in my rucksack, but I used it on an overnight session last night when it pi55ed down and I was bone dry this morning!

nik saunders

Reaction score
gonna do that mate just what you said fits in rucksack,did ya catch , i wouldnt have liked to be fishing where i live eg maidstone , the thunder and lightning was well bad , the lightning was lighting up the whole street , not the best time to have a fish on/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

E

EC

Can't complain mate, we caught a few.

One thing about the jackets though, the sizes aren't your usual small/med and large, they come in height and chest sizes together, I bought a 170/104.

170cm is the height, it's ok, but a 180 would have done me better, I'm 5ft9, so you'll need a 190 I suspect.The chest 104cm, is ok if I just have summer stuff on underneath, if it was winter and I needed a thicker fleece it'd be a bit tight, I'm typically a 40inch chest.

Some army surplus stores have the goretex coats in stock, well worth a look to try one on so you get the size right!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Sundridge for me.

I have a wader jacket and couple this with bib and brace. I have walked the dogs in the down pours over the last two days, and i walk the dogs for a couple of hours.

Bone dry.

i got mine from Simpsons of turnford, bought on the recommendation from them, the guys use them when fishing in Alaska, its also very warm.

E

EC

I agree ray,if I had to purchase 1 piece of kit, it would be a sundridge igloo, BUT, the S95 goretex jacketsare superb value and arespot onfor summer!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

No end of time i have reco'd it on here, Sundridge, if you want serious winter gear then Igloo, you want summer gear then Bracken.

E

EC

The Bracken's too heavy for marching across fields in my opinion Woz, and it doesn't fold up as small as the S95, still a good coat though and good vfm too.

blankety blank

Reaction score
I'm with Eddie. i've got the army surplus trousers too.

usefull all year round for me, just wear more warm layers under it, and use the goretex as a shell.

Reaction score
Don't bother looking at the trakker downpour trousers, i have a size medium and they are very very short, I have only warn them once and they are terrible, my normal trousers (be it jeans, tracksuit bottoms, walking rousers etc) are unprotected by the foot for about 2-3 inches (and i don't even wear them low (norm trousers that is)).

They are fairly waterproof though and if they fit i'm sure they would do the job for someone who is shorter and a little on the large size

Ryan

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I got my son the new Korda kit for christmas, great bit of kit, over £200 but well worth it,

100% waterproof and who makes it ,Sundridge, says it all