A Day with the Outlaw Bob James

guest61

Reaction score
3lb line straight through, with a large stick float (in this case a Dave Harrell wire stemmed 4AAA model)

Clearly this float is made by Drake.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I for one am glad to see Bob James is still doing a bit. At the end of the day he got punnished, so it's water under the bridge and people should leave it at that.
I wonder if he's got a deal with hardys ?

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
"Bob James is no saint. I could tell you in great detail about other crimes he’s guilty of." quote fro mthe article

Well I can tell you a couple of crimes he's guilty of as well ;)

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
3lb line straight through, with a large stick float (in this case a Dave Harrell wire stemmed 4AAA model)

Clearly this float is made by Drake.

This was a shot the editor added from a previous session to illustrate the point. If you check the 'playing' pictures the float being used is as quoted; the one being held up is indeed a Drake pattern.

jimlad

Reaction score
A good article. He comes across as a very skilled angler, shame about the mistake last spring, but I'd still read articles / watch videos by him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Bob's not the 1st "name" angler to fall foul of the law - a well known pike angler was found guilty of things a few years back and continues to make money from angling so I suspose why should'nt Bob

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Bob James is no saint. I could tell you in great detail about other crimes he’s guilty of." quote fro mthe article

Well I can tell you a couple of crimes he's guilty of as well ;)

We all have skeletons in our cupboards have we not no need to keep knocking the man.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
We all have skeletons in our cupboards have we not no need to keep knocking the man.

I totally agree!

He got caught and suffered the consequence, so it should be . . . . End Of

It certainly is in my book, and I'm an avid supporter of the Close Season.

Personally, I'm glad to see his contributions here on FM and I hope to see many more in the future.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
What a lovely well written article. But if it had been me, I'd have rearranged that final paragraph so it's opening sentence became the close...

"It’s time to move on."

cg74

Reaction score
Bob's not the 1st "name" angler to fall foul of the law - a well known pike angler was found guilty of things a few years back and continues to make money from angling so I suspose why should'nt Bob

Indeed, wasn't Clive Branson (former captain Welsh Coarse Matchteam?) caught fishing without a rod licence 20+yrs ago?

guest61

Reaction score
I'd love to see Bob James putting together articles and instructional pieces forward - surely this will be better than filling the site with 'advertorial' articles on catching Carp or Barbel masquerading as angling.

beerweasel

Reaction score
A very enjoyable article, good to see him back.

Perhaps we should send him a Fishing Magic calender. :D

john_h

Reaction score
Once the news of the court case broke before Christmas, Bob James's reputation got absolutely monstered on one of the game fishing websites - public hanging is too good for him, and so on - some folks got awfully bent out of shape about it.

Personally, I can't help thinking that while what he did was a bit dumb, it was hardly the crime of the century, and as has been said above Jack Charlton and Mark Downes among others have been publicly dinged for similar.

"Let's move on".

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
BJ did do something really silly but nobody died did they?
Can't call the man, after all he was one half of the duo that made the best angling series ever :)

cg74

Reaction score
BJ did do something really silly but nobody died did they?
Can't call the man, after all he was one half of the duo that made the best angling series ever :)

To think I always thought Matt Hayes's bearded sidekick was Mick Brown; shame on me, I must pay more attention.:D