Not Exactly Unexpected . . .

bennygesserit

Reaction score
ME <--- zips up mouth..... must not mention otters ..... must not mention otters

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Oh go on, tarka risk.

ha ha go on then , I was going to say that this proves once and for all , "and in a court of law" that these wild tales about otters having a massive impact on fish stocks are just exaggerated hearsay.

Otherwise the otters would have been found guilty.

dangermouse

Reaction score
ha ha go on then , I was going to say that this proves once and for all , "and in a court of law" that these wild tales about otters having a massive impact on fish stocks are just exaggerated hearsay.

Careful Benny, that`s not really what the case is about.

"His Honour Judge Keyser QC disagreed today and ruled the EA had no such duty and, therefore, no breach had taken place.

Whether or not otters had eaten the carp was not something the case was concerned with, he said, and he said he had not reached any decision on that matter."

richiekelly

Reaction score

Do you post things like this to get a reaction Benny or do you really belive it?

nicepix

Reaction score
When you look at the finer details of this case as reported, it is obvious that the EA could not be held wholly to account as they were only part of the project to increase the otter population.

It is a shame that the circumstances were not more clear cut to establish the principle of whether persons introducing species like otters could be held responsible for subsequent loss or damage. Maybe if he had sued the collective partners in the project we would have got a more definitive answer.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Do you post things like this to get a reaction Benny or do you really belive it?

It was a reply to Dangermouse that was so obviously tongue in cheek , that I didn't think it needed explanation. No it wasn't to get a reaction.

I thought the oherwise the otters would have been found guilty gave that away.

Last edited: