Police arrest four in swoop on Fens

Reaction score
About time too, i caught some on he avon near where i live, and when i rang them up they didn't seem to care.

Ryan

Morespiders

Reaction score
Poor buggers could have there tackle confiscated as well.

Cut there bollock's off.

Rickrod

Reaction score
i hope they got to use there truncheons

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'd say PAC are anti 'fish thieves' regardless of nationality.

I don't think anyonewill bite with that one Andy.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

They are probably anti....

Leave our waterways and fish alone and stop leaving so much f***ing rubbisheverytime you bbq our freshwater fish"

I've seen it no end and it sickens me.

ANDY SKI

Reaction score
PAC:

"The four men - believed to be polish nationals - were questioned and are currently on police bail awaiting decisions on prosecution by the Environment Agency"

EDP24:"Three Russians and a Lithuanian man were arrested at the scene and taken to Downham Market police station for questioning"

C

Chris Bishop

It's now been ammended in the light of information received from other sources.

Rickrod

Reaction score
andy do you steal all you catch ,or do you fish for sport

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Surely 'believed' was the key word?

Can't see the problem.......unless someone wants to create one?

ANDY SKI

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>rickrod wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>andy do you steal all you catch ,or do you fish for sport</blockquote>For your info, I have never taken a fish for food here or in Poland
Its just pisses me off that no matter if they are Russian Romanian or Lithuanian
We Poles always get the blame

ANDY SKI

Reaction score
Thanks for amending it Mr Bishop
It does not hurt me now/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Rickrod

Reaction score
andy glad to hear that,and fair point

John Heelis

Reaction score
Unfortunatly our waterways are being used by illegal fishermen. Whilst an foreign national caught fishing illegally is "outed" in the press and discussed on the many forums (like ourselves), we have to realise that we have as bigger problem with "homegrown" fisherman fishing without licences and with no respect for the fish or the waterways.

i understand that in some countries fish are caught for the table, an it is plausable that some of our european counterparts may genuinely not know that this practice is not acceptable here.

it is therefore our duty to try and educate our overseas friends, in regards to licences and our responsability to UK angling. I've found this easier than trying to explain this to immigrants than to the scallies that come from this country.

as for rickrod's comment towards ANDY SKI it's wrong to tar somebody with the same brush, andy has joined FM so i would imagine that he understands his responabilities regarding his angling.

i do hope that the arrests in the fens result in a decent fine or conviction.

but remember it not just poles/lithuanian/russians that are flaunting the rules regarding angling and it's our responability to report any infractions that we see.

sorry guys it took me so long to write that, that i didn't realise you had resolved your differences

slime monster

Reaction score
whilst feeling angry about the fish kill situation i am in alans corner after the veiled insult by rickrod. i made many good polish friends in stafford many of them damn good anglers .i was chairman and contest sec of the white eagle anglers we leased our own waters and i did not have to patrol these to break up bbqs. there are polish anglers out there equally distressed by the current fish kills who where born here and are now faced with discrimination over something they have nothing to with.