Greys X Flite & GRXI Lure Rods

B

binka

Does anyone have any input on either or both of these rods please?

I'm looking at buying one or the other but can't decide... the slightly more expensive X Flite is a three piece rod with much of the additional difference in cost going into the upgraded handle and extra joint as far as I can see and the slightly cheaper two piece GRXI i'm thinking might offer me a better action or more enjoyable experience?

Break down length is not an issue and both rods are the 10' models in the 15 - 45grm casting weight ranges.

Many thanks in advance.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone have any input on either or both of these rods please?

I'm looking at buying one or the other but can't decide... the slightly more expensive X Flite is a three piece rod with much of the additional difference in cost going into the upgraded handle and extra joint as far as I can see and the slightly cheaper two piece GRXI i'm thinking might offer me a better action or more enjoyable experience?

Break down length is not an issue and both rods are the 10' models in the 15 - 45grm casting weight ranges.

Many thanks in advance.

The GRXi are superb mate, the finish is out of this world and the action is just sublime, very, very good rods for the money mate and you will not be disappointed... I have three!

B

binka

Thanks Mark, i'm taking it as a given that they will take some wellie when it comes to playing big fish in strong current?

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Mark, i'm taking it as a given that they will take some wellie when it comes to playing big fish in strong current?

Most of the Salmon guys use them so they should take whatever you can through at them!
The hard tube is a bonus especially for us tackle tarts :eek:mg:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Binka,

If you are ever in need of a good travel spinning rod then take a look at the Shimano Exage range, superb build quality for the money and fish like a two piece. :)

Do keep away from the beastmasters though, they are a bit to heavy for Sinning rods in my opinion.
If you really want the best spinning rod you can buy then take a look at the Shimano Technium DF range...simply world class! ;)

Last edited: