Mainline Cell

Weeman

Reaction score
Anyone tried Mainline Cell bollies for barbel?

They're absolutely brilliant for Carp but never tried them in the river....just wondering if anyone has?

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Yep,
Used them on the Teme with great results mainline baits are the best on the market.

Try the cell dumbells they work as well.:)

Regards
Ray

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Hi Weeman,
Try cutting the rounded top of one of your baits and replace with one of mainline pineapple pop-ups just enough to make it a critically balanced bait.

All you need to do is to take away the weight of the hook, not in a high river though as it will be all over the shop.

The Cell is one of mainlines top baits, I have had double figured barbel and big carp on them. Stick with them mate:)

Kind regards
Ray

Weeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Ray.

I often critically balance my Carp hook baits but I've never tried it for ol barbus.

I'll give that a go me-thinks.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've decided to try boilies again and one of the carp boys at work says that cell is the best of the best.

Rich P

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, gents. I'm going to need a new boilie now Teme Severn is no more. I had some success with their lamprey variety. Alas, no more.

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Hi Weeman,
Try the Pro Active coconut particle & pellet syrup and the Cell bait dip. I use the coconut syrup on pellets it will enhance any baiting system you are using in conjunction with the Cell.

Kind regards
Ray:)

Weeman

Reaction score
Cheers Ray, I'll look for that next time I'm in the tackle shop.
Cell smells coconutty I think, not sure exactly what the flavour of cell is but it smells good enough to eat!

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Yes definitely coco-nutty and as you say smells good enough to eat but remember to save some for the barbel:)

Regards
Ray