8Lb 7oz Golden Tench.jpg

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
I think thats the most stunning fish Ive ever seen. Well done mate. Despite fishing for a weekend at anglers paradise a golden tench still evades me. Ive never caught one.

Absolutely gorgeous fish.

stephen webb

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys!

Risque, I just happened to be there at exactly the right time of year and couldn't stop catching the golden tench, no matter what lake I was on. Here's wishing you luck with them the next ime you fish at AP.

Neil, you'll have to talk Marsh Farm into stocking them M8 lol

stephen webb

Reaction score
Ryan, I agree about the good old green tench. But the whole idea of going to AP was to catch the fish you never normally see.

Now having returned it will be back to the good old green tinca's /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Muffin

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are many other lakes around the country apart from Angelrs paradise that have a good stock of Golden Tench?

Stunning fish, that will be a P.B that will take some beating, congratulations!

Simon

DZ

Reaction score
There are a fair few golden tench in the Warks Avon since the flooding.

They must get harassed by pike and anglers as you cant miss them. Infact I'd rate the W.Avon as the best place in the country to catch river tincas

stephen webb

Reaction score
Simon, I know there are a few other places that stock Golden Tench (timberlands has some I think), but I don't think they have them to the size of the ones at AP.

And yes I think it will be a long long time before I get a Golden Tench that big again /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Thanks Andreas!

Agent no.9

Reaction score
Its amazing what you can do with photo shop and a computer these days/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.

I am only jealous /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ahhhhhhhh

Prowler/Anvil Hart is back under another guise..........

Had any more run-ins with Baz??

tinca steve

Reaction score
Well done Steve, a magnificent fish but try doing it in August when I go down, but all said and done a superb fish.

stephen webb

Reaction score
Steve, thanks and in August it is easy (aslong as you use dynamite /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif LOL)!

tinca steve

Reaction score
Zygs_2008_August_7-03_small.jpg

Sticking with you Steve !!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Wow they are truely beautiful looking Tench, well done gentlemen/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

That they are tench I do not doubt, but not the 'Golden Tench' I'm used to seeing.

I have a golden tench in the garden pond, it's only little (8ozs or so), but it's very yellow with a few blackish blobs on its back. That's the golden tench I'm used to seeing.

Don't get me wrong, these are stunning fish with beautiful colouration, but maybe 'ORANGEY' tench, dare I say?

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif all kinds of emotions.

Would love those in my pond too. They'd sell for a fortune in garden centres.

slime monster

Reaction score
tanners at stafford moor has golden tench in the margins [not that big] if you are prepared to go through the carp the causeway between tanners and pines has given nice mixed bags including golden tench to about 2-3 lb very tight in to the bank.

Brute1981

Reaction score
That's a stunning fish.

Over the years I've caught a few koi, goldfish and ghost carp but never a golden tench.