widlife video on hamps avon

paulgreenacre

Reaction score
Just finished my first wild life film during flood conditions. Here's the video link
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmlv4qgXC8k]Wildlife on The Hampshire Avon - A fisherman's perspective - YouTube[/ame]

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Less than a minute.

Might I suggest investing in a tripod as the constant shudder of the camera made me feel ill and my eyes strain.

beerweasel

Reaction score
Less than a minute.

Might I suggest investing in a tripod as the constant shudder of the camera made me feel ill and my eyes strain.

I concur with that, I thought Mr Greenacre was filming whilst riding a unicycle. :D

nicepix

Reaction score
I just don't understand what he's trying to do. He has ripped some decent professional photos off the web (probably without permission) and used them to front complete dross of blurred, out of focus and shaky images.

This video is 71 minutes long :eek: I'll bet 90% should be edited out. Better to present 10 minutes of watchable video than over an hour of this schite.

Anybody volunteering to see the whole show? :eek:mg:

jimlad

Reaction score
Paul has history with his videos. Upsetting the pike fraternity with his poor handling skills...

And why speak in the third person all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicepix

Reaction score
Paul has history with his videos. Upsetting the pike fraternity with his poor handling skills...

And why speak in the third person all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's his poor camera handling skills that I am talking about. :D

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
OK, so everyone's got to start somewhere, but in this case, the 'somewhere' has to be buying a tripod and a deadcat, watching some other wildlife films, and then looking at what he's done to see if it resembles a wildlife film.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
It seems really mean to pick holes in something someone has produced and is proud of but you really do need either a tripod or monopod.

...either that or lay off the Jack Daniels. :D

At least you've demonstrated the ability to get a few subjects within photography range. Don't be discouraged, you can most definitely improve your results. and well done for having an interest in the first place.

What's a 'deadcat' Mark? :confused:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
What's a 'deadcat' Mark?

Well, its a darned good start in my book, I hate the things!

I think though that it is the muffler you see around a microphone to cut out ambient noise especially from the wind . . . . . . .

Still prefer my version though having been brought up in a house that never had less than a dozen of the bluidy things!

Last edited: