The Adventures Of Donald Effingham-Mudde & Damien

F

Fred Bonney

Once again the brilliance is showing, great stuff when's the next book?

Ok,ok I'll wait for part 2.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Thanks all

I'll pass on your kind remarks to Herbert and tell him to sharpen up his quill and get on with it...!

K

Kevin Perkins

Les

Glad you liked it. As for a 2nd book, not much hope I'm afraid. The publishers wouldn't touch it last time, and the effort I cobbled together ended up costing me money. I geared up for 200+ copies and printed all the pages and covers in readiness.

Iended up selling less than 50, the remaining copies that weren't collated and stapled have long since gone to the recycling plant. A stark lesson in the perils of vanity printing if anyone wants one

If you want to see 'Donald and Damien' in print they are making a brief (probably one and only) appearance in the current edition of 'Barbel Fisher' courtesy of a very magnanimous editor.

F

Fred Bonney

I reckon he would put more in, if Herbert was interested Kevin/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Great stuff Kevin ............

and I'd like to second your thought too Merv ,,,,

C

Cakey

nice one Kevin ...............and Id like to nick your thoughts too Merv

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I must say how thoughtful you all are/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Thoughtless, if they've got to nick Merv's!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
You took the word's right out of my wife's mouth Fred, 'thoughtless' is one of hermore printabledescriptions of me, (and this is'nt Bait Box).

The Monk

Reaction score
absolutely brilliant again Kevin, I really cant understand why these editors wont publish stuff like this, but yet they publish plenty of crap from other sources

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
now that's the stuff a good book should be made off.....fantastic kevin, I'm looking forward to Part 2

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
What a shame that writing like that isn't marketable. What exactly are editors looking for these days if they can't recognise something that their readers would like?

Do they never read these websites to see just what turns on their readers?

I haven't bought an angling mag since last summer. I could be persuaded to change that if I had stories like that to read.

Janet

The Monk

Reaction score
hello Janet, not seen you posting for a while/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

modern angling editors just appear to want instructional articles these days, they recon thjat sort of stuff sells papers?? sadly the type of writings which Kevin produces appear to be from a forgotten age, which for me has taken the spirit of angling away from the modern angling press. Instructional articles are ten a penny.