help,old rod info needed

Reaction score
afreind of mine has come across an old rod while cleaning out his garden shed.

i was just wondering if any one had any interesting facts or information about this rod it would be apreciated as i cant offer him any advice.

the rod is a daiwamatchman deluxe 9ftledger "mark downes ".

any info at all would be usefull,

thanks

jonathan.

Reaction score
I'm not an expert but it sounds like a nice little picker rod for small silvers usefull on a canal or small river for roach dace gudgeon etc.

Ryan

Reaction score
the rod itself seams a little on the heavy side for small fish ect Ryan, plus it also has a screw threaded tip eye??? maybe for a swing tip????

slime monster,the rods in emaculate condition as new,corks not got a spec ov dirt on it and none of the varnish has cracked on any of the eyes or blank, plus theres not a mark on blank anywhere. so the rod wont be making a trip to the bin anytime soon mate thanks.........plus it may be collectable in a few years time who knows??

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
From memory it's about 30 years old - fibreglass?, and a relic of swingtipping days. Collectable? Unlikely.

slime monster

Reaction score
hope you have fun with it jonathan i wasnt being nasty if i had it it would follow all other gear i thought not up to the job,having said that i still use an allcocks arielite bakelite centrepin reel for tench .