Anyone fishing this weekend? Or will you be...

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
.... sitting at home making up stories about lakes being drained?

It's the last weekend of river fishing so I expect a few of you will be out..

Sunday I am off to Northmoor on the Thames. Never seen the place before and I suspect it will be pushing hard. My other club is at Milton pools which would certainly be more comfortable and I'd get bites, but the Father is calling..

Where will you be?

Judas Priest

Reaction score
From Saturday I'll be on the Lower Severn trying not to catch hypothermia between then and close of play Thursday.

B

binka

I feel a bit guilty for spending it on a stillwater but it will be a local lake on Sunday from midday until dusk on the basis that i'm too knackered to want to travel anywhere at the moment, i've brought some extremely light jig heads to play with this time after having a chance to suss it out a bit last weekend and really looking forward to it.

Battling with my nemesis at the moment... painting the garage at the new place ready to move the tackle over there and it's a bit like the forth bridge but it'll only need doing once so the break from it on Sunday will be very welcome :)

Hope the river guys find things a bit easier going than last weekend...

Reaction score
From Saturday I'll be on the Lower Severn trying not to catch hypothermia between then and close of play Thursday.

Good luck JP,

Spent yesterday afternoon on the middle/lower zarbelling...

Not a touch all day, but lovely to be out on the Severn on such a gloriously premature Spring day... salmon leaping, buds on trees, kingfishers, herons et al.

Wear your wellies and make sure you pack a long-handled landing net and dogspike; the banks haven't quite dried yet and the mud is very gluey...

I'm out on Sunday hopefully, either Teme or Severn... although looking at the cold weather coming in, it'll be chubbing the Teme (there's gotta be a six in there somewhere!) :)

Good luck on the Thames Simon (insert match winning smilie here) :)

Last edited:

guest61

Reaction score
I'll be fishing my tits off on a river, not sure which one though..

aebitim

Reaction score
I am looking to fish the Stour tomorow and possibly Sunday.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Out on the Swale on Friday then my last day will be on Tuesday, not sure where yet.

Have fun zarbelling ****y, Sabrina's mud was cerainly a little on the glutinous side on Saturday!

Judas Priest

Reaction score
All the best to you as well ****y and good luck.

Mud or no mud the Lower is still a magical place where you never know what will turn up next.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Having checked the weather forecast I think I shall be working on a post entitled;

"Ulley Reservoir to be drained and turned into Europes biggest skateboard park".

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Just seen the forecast for Sunday. 3degrees and a 15mph east wind.
Checked the map for Northmoor and we will be on the west bank..
Deep joy.....

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to walk a 1/4 of a mile to the tiny river Yarrow with a few red maggots and light float rod and see if I can winkle out a perch or chub. I have walked up and down that dam river loads of times and not seen a thing, but I have been assured that there are fish in there in those deep pools and bends ( by deep I mean about 2 foot :)) and I won't know until I try will I now ;)

Wish me luck...I might need it! At least it's free fishing ;)

cg74

Reaction score
I'm going to walk a 1/4 of a mile to the tiny river Yarrow with a few red maggots and light float rod and see if I can winkle out a perch or chub. I have walked up and down that dam river loads of times and not seen a thing, but I have been assured that there are fish in there in those deep pools and bends ( by deep I mean about 2 foot :)) and I won't know until I try will I now ;)

Wish me luck...I might need it! At least it's free fishing ;)

The very best of British to you Mark.

If it's that small and shallow I would use lobs; freelined or light legered. Just a thought.

nicepix

Reaction score
Well, you guys are too late. I've been and gone and come back. No messing about waiting for 'le weekend' :)

Managed an afternoon where I wanted to go the other day, but the wind was wrong. Today though, perfect for some long range zoomer fishing. Even managed to get some bream slime on my new keepnet. Haven't had one for about thirty years so it was like going back in time having to endure that smell in the car on the way home then hang it out on the line to dry. At least I now know that it isn't the same one bream I keep catching over and over again.

Looks like it's going to drop cold again from Wednesday onwards so I'll be looking to have another day soon.