is meat a summer bait?

sam vimes

Reaction score
All year round. On its (winter) day, it can take chub and barbel that won't look at the usual pellet and boilie approach.

beerweasel

Reaction score
When you say meat do you mean luncheon meat or proper meat (like steak) ?

MRWELL

Reaction score
Luncheon Meat all year round but in Winter make it small,Summer you can go much bigger on the hook or hair with a few freebies in the margins you will hit on some nice carp/Bream ;)

C

chefster

is meat a summer bait or can it work all year round

Punched meat is a good winter change bait,but a lot depends on the venue and its species.A lot of the time in winter on commercials bread,pellet or maggot is the staple bait.Iknow everyone is probably going to disagree,but they dont know the waters you fish Phil...Cheers Gaz:)

tonybull

Reaction score
Punched meat is a good winter change bait,but a lot depends on the venue and its species.A lot of the time in winter on commercials bread,pellet or maggot is the staple bait.Iknow everyone is probably going to disagree,but they dont know the waters you fish Phil...Cheers Gaz:)

Spot on, popped up bread can be deadly when its really cold and pellet is king all year round imo

Even on the so called natural venues, pellet takes some beating :)

terry m

Reaction score
Meat is an all year round bait, but in reality I would always reach for my luncheon meat tin more readily in the summer months.

silverfishpurist

Reaction score
I would generally use meat in the summer as i have never had much success with it in winter, but sometimes on a flooded river a nice bit of spicy meat can catch you fish when all other baits fail, I like to fish a rough piece of meat so it looks like it has been there for sometime and the fish will more confidently pick it up.