How did everyone get on then?

B

binka

Once again it's the weekly follow up to Simon's "Anyone fishing this weekend?" thread... it seems to have come around quickly this week, did anyone get out on Saturday or brave the icey cold wind and snow showers today?

Hats off to everyone who made the effort and braved it to get out and fish, as planned it was a matter of convenience and a local lake for a few hours for me today with just the ultralight 6' 4 - 8lb lure rod and despite the conditions it was a good few hours.

The perch were feeding well with some nice fish, best pictured below but lost what I think was one well over the 3lb mark at the net along with managing to get the net under a nice pike on the light gear, there seemed to be a "golden hour" around 2pm where I was getting hit after hit from perch but just not managing to land 'em for the jig pulling out so a bit of thinking to be done there before the next trip.

All in all not a bad day considering...

S1_zps6ab4815d.jpg

S2_zpsc20259d2.jpg

So then... where did you all venture out to and how did you get on?

B

Berty

Don't *************ing ********** well ***********ard ask!!!

PS, glad you had a good day ;)

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Don't *************ing ********** well ***********ard ask!!!)

My sentiments exactly! I should have listened to myself.
Had a great day out Tuesday with barbelboi on a local day ticket lake.
The weather was mild and the roach were 'avin it.
Wednesday I blanked on the Colne, stick and maggot, the chub and barbel didn't want to know.

Today I went to Milton pools. Who says commies are easy?
Back to the top of the page!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Had a great social with my lower Severn syndicate, the fishing was dire but the social in the pub last night was epic.
I'll probably pop down again on Thursday to put the season to bed but I'm starting to get my carp and tench head on now.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I wasn't out yesterday or today but I did sit in pouring rain for nigh on 10 hours on Friday on what will probably be my last zander trip to Bury Hill this year. 3 runs.....2 pike just over and just under 10lb and a last gasp and most welcome 6.5lb zander. Was it worth it ? I suppose so.

simon dunbar

Reaction score
Went pike fishing on the Dorset Stour , yesterday morning. It was a lovely morning , much milder than today and for once the river was fishable.Fished a couple of perfect looking swims , the sun even emerged at one point ! Had a couple of pike , 13 lbs and 8 lbs , lost another ,smaller. All on smelt deadbaits.
Last weekend of the season and I only saw one other angler. Glad I went yesterday as today the weather was horrible.
I haven't fished the river much for a couple of seasons , yesterday made me wish I fished it more , like I used to .

bigfish74

Reaction score
Well i fished the irwell with a freind and blanked as did ste although be lost a nice chub and a small trout cold as hell but hqd to ha e 1 last go

Bring on june 16th already in the planning :)

Andy

chav professor

Reaction score
went out and had 5lb chub on consecutive days as well as a a number of 4's and 3's......

march2013chub003_zpsc018e4e9.jpg

marchchub8th2013025_zpsf42a18a6.jpg

that picture does not do justice to how old and craggy that fish looked.... a proper old Warrior....

Been doing really well using bread soaked in Blue Cheese SAC juice.........

Last edited:

aebitim

Reaction score
Round trip of 350 miles to catch the last warm day on Sat, 2 trout a good chub lost at the net and a very good grayling. Had to take the bike as I wouldnt have got the van down the track [1.5 miles of it] and very nearly didnt get out. Excellent adventure, though glad to get home.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Wll, our little group just about decimated the Trout on a small Wiltshire lake on the Saturday; just as well we didn't fish the Sunday after the meal and drinks on Saturday evening . . . . . . . I thik only Neil ventured onto Avon Springs on the Sunday