Grab An Aldi Bargain

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Just got myself a couple of the fishing bags for £6.99 a throw.Fantastic bargain and just right for roving/short session fishing and the quality seems very good.

They are also doing Black and Decker medium accessory boxes at 9.99 for 4 and they fit perfectly in the base compartment to complement the small accessory box which is included and fits in the top compartment.

Definately worth a look.The rest of the stuff is not so good save for the Tony Miles coarse fishing guide which would be great for a beginner/returner.

Aldi Tackle

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Just had a look at the bag on-line and it does look alright. Might have to don some shades and a hat and go to said shop (I'm a closet snob and have never shopped there before.......sorry!)

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Go for it Trevor.You will be surprised.One up on Netto for sure.

alan

Reaction score
i brought 2 bags on Sunday, 1 for me, and 1 for my father in law.

as Nigel said, its good quality and is perfect for traveling light.

3 nets on the out side, a hard bottom for floats/weights, a front pocket with internal compartments that are ideal for keeping paperwork and small bits in. the top pocket also has a small plastic tub for hooks etc.

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Not been in there either! I'll be down at Aldi tomorrow to see what's what come rain (no doubt!) or shine!

Starting to think about tackle for the coming river season as i'll be doing some roving so need to stop carrying the kitchen sink and the easiest way to do this is to take a smaller bag me thinks!

E

EC

I got a bag, an absolute steal, put 'A.N.Other Brand' on it and you're talking 20 quid.

Didn't see the B&Dtackle boxes Nige!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Not tackle boxes as such Eddie but for DIY and where in that section.Not as much as a bargain but they fit the bottom compartment nicely.

Trevor, forget the shades as they've got them for 2.99 as well!!

Reaction score
I like the look of the rod bags for a tenner, they would be perfect for ready set up waggler and feeder rods, ideal for matches

At a tenner you just cant complain

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Not so convinced about the rod bags asI looked at those as well.It wasn't clear how the rods were secured internally but worth a look certainly at that price.

W

Wolfman Woody

These bags -
fishing_bag_Wk2310.jpg

Are almost exactly like some that Fox made, from memory.

only there's weren't £6.99!

BigAl127

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the Aldi Backpack Stool and the Fishing Shelters (Both £5.99each)are like?

alan

Reaction score
back pack stool are a pain in the rear end, uncomfortable if worn for long periods. saying that ive had mine (from netto, but same quality) for 3 years and its still going strong. the kids use the seat on it.

the shelters are single skin, very thin, a pain to put up and leak in the rain, think of the brightly coloured cheap beach shelters sold in all sea side shops. its one of those dyed green. pay the extra £4 and get the brolly.

Reaction score
I got the brolley for my lad. Not bad for £10. Not sure how long it will last and the stitch holes will drip in a heavy down pour.

I bought the bag also. Go grab one while you can they look pretty good.

Also, bought teh course fishing book by Tony Miles for £3.99. I had it in mind for my lad - there's lots of good illustrations of rigs, knots, etc and pictures. However, I'm quite enjoying reading it myself and picked up a few tips already.