Hampton lode

csmith10

Reaction score
What is Hampton lode like for barbel these days? I know it was sposed to be I've of the best places for a bite back in the day and I fished it in early October a few years ago and while I didn't have many bites I did end up with a 11lb fish.

Is there anywhere else on day ticket where it's possible to catch plenty of barbel over a couple of days?

Cheers

cg74

Reaction score
Take your pick: Birmingham Anglers Association
As a rule the further you get away from the car park the fewer anglers you share the bank with, subsequently they're a lot less pressured.

There are plenty of barbel at Hampton Loade but I wouldn't fish there except for in winter, it's just to busy.

csmith10

Reaction score
Cheers for that, I fished mid week a few years ago and I pretty much had the whole stretch to myself! Are there any areas that respond well to trotting?

Cheers

guest61

Reaction score
Cheers for that, I fished mid week a few years ago and I pretty much had the whole stretch to myself! Are there any areas that respond well to trotting?

Cheers

Arley is good trotting water.

csmith10

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Are there any other decent stretches? Maybe down south or else where? Any prolific stretches of the Avon?

Cheers

aebitim

Reaction score
Some beats on the Wye are very prolific, The Wye and Usk foundation have just released the 2013 fisheries, The Avon and Stour are generally very pressured unless you buy the £170 per season club tickets.