Would you fish a commercial more if it was a bit like a river?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
No pegs dug every 10 yards, banksides allowed to grow so it makes the use of the pole difficult, a pump that kept the water moving, stocked with barbel, and canoeists coming thru your swim every 20 minutes

stillwater blue

Reaction score
No pegs dug every 10 yards, banksides allowed to grow so it makes the use of the pole difficult

I was with you till that point as it seemed like the natural waters I prefer.

Didn't they dig a commerical trout place with an artical river up north some where? I'm sure I remember reading about it, it was dug on a slight hill so the water would naturally flow down hill and then it was pumped back to the top and the process repeated.

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
No pegs dug every 10 yards, banksides allowed to grow so it makes the use of the pole difficult, a pump that kept the water moving, stocked with barbel, and canoeists coming thru your swim every 20 minutes

Nope, if you could shoot the canoeists like at a fair ground stall then yes, Griff Rhys Jones in the canoe .....Where is this stretch?.

I have been away abroad, I asked my son (aged 9)tonight I asked when I get back do you fancy having a go fishing, he said no the fishing season is over until June....in other words he wants a life of misery and despair.

C

chefster

Just to make it more realistic you could not have any fish in it!!:wh

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
Just to make it more realistic you could not have any fish in it!!:wh

Now thats more like it

Add a crazy woman throwing a stick into your swim and her dog jumping in after it and we are getting somewhere.

Would you include passers by that ask every two minutes "ave you caught anything?"

Can you hire an old boy that will say that you are doing it all wrong and he has fished this stretch man and boy with only a bit of cane, none of this fancy rod and reel stuff.