Fuji Finepix S8000 FD

njb51

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I am looking at purchasing a decent but not too expensive digtal camera and have been looking at the Fuji Finepix S8000 FD after a recommendation from a work colleague.

Any thoughts? Or any other suggestions for around the same price?

Thanks

The Monk

Reaction score
my mates just got a Nikon D60 £420 from dixons, quite an impressive little camera

F

Fred Bonney

Jonny, I've got the S8000fd,great little camera.18x optical zoom.

The trouble is every time I update a camera,I thinkI wish I could do something more

W

Wolfman Woody

Take a very close look at the Fujifilm 9600 though.

It has all the looks of a proper SLR and the best screen yet built into the viewfinder. You willnot believe your looking at a TFT screen at times and think it is the real view that you get on a proper DSLR. You will not be disappointed with it.
/members/images/6812/Gallery/DSCF0003.JPG

It also take standard cable release. Has an external hotshoe. Takes movies. You can bracket three shots or take multiple shots. Save the first three or the last three, a self timer of course. In fact it has a lot of features that soem more expensive D-SLRs don't have.

It takes xD and Compact Flash cards. A 28-300mm lens F2.8-F5.6. The back screen also swings out (up and down) to assist taking pictures at high or low angles. /members/images/6812/Gallery/DSCF0006.JPG

It's a good starter camera before you advance to a proper D-SLR. And the manual is pretty good too.

The only one better is the new S100fs.

W

Wolfman Woody

Geeeessssss!

I just seen the latest low price for the S9600 - take a look here!

Ah. just re-read it and it's a refurbished model, but by Fuji so should be perfect!

M

MarkTheSpark

Woody's not wrong. the 9600 is the one to go for. I mean, what moron needs Face Detection? If you still can't recognise the human face at any age over two years, you need a carer, not a camera. That said, my mate's FD camera refused to recognised my missus fizzog as a face...

W

Wolfman Woody

I used the Fuji first at the Clattercote teach-in before I borrowed Mr Murzbins NiKKer camera. This was certainly taken on the Fuji
clateach011lrg.jpg

Other than the ones I took of Stu Dexter demostrating his method mix (and Mark took some also) I can't remember which were took on the Fuji and which on Marzipans Nokker! Just shows what a brilliant camera the Fuji is when you can't tell it from a £2000 Nikon!

I only bought an Olympus because you can get smaller apertures (F22 and below) on it and for me that is critical at times. Otherwise the Fuji comes with me on fishing trips.

njb51

Reaction score
Thanks guys, useful information there. I will definitely be lookin at the S9600.