No Fishing – Close Season Poster Campaign

richiekelly

Reaction score
What a waste of time and money, do they really think that anyone who will fish illegally during the close season will take any notice of a few signs, more bodies on the bank and MUCH stiffer penalties are whats needed.

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Quite right blanker, until that happens those who flout the rules will continue to do so.

Regards
Ray

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
I suppose it does at least negate the usual get-out clause of 'I didn't realise I shouldn't be fishing.'

Perhaps it will pave the way for more straightforward convictions of the rule breakers now?

The sign is a little out of sync though, surely the little man should have a flat cap on? :rolleyes:

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
The Campaign won't do any harm and at least anyone caught fishing won't be able to say that they didn't know.

It won't stop people from fishing out of season if they want to, but, that doesn't make the poster campaign a bad idea.

richiekelly

Reaction score
No it wont do any harm other than putting anglers off joining the ATs, this type of waste is not what I joined for and will make me seriously consider if I want to join again when my current membership runs out.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Might deter the odd shad fisherman:w

No more of this then?

e8f15762e7ef5221e709e0f697e2def3be33d6f.jpg

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As others have said it negates the old excuse of "I did not know I do not understand english so that is another loophole closed. All the angling clubs and commercials have signs stating private fishing ect are they all wasting money or is it possibly a legal requirement to inform people of the rules whatever their nationality. As this could be used as a excuse if it were to go to court. "I did not know sir there were no signs saying it was closed season. The licence run for a year so I thought I could fish".:wh:eek:mg: Iam sure some on here have pulled this stroke when visiting waters that we should not and pleading ignorance when caught Iknow I have.

Last edited:

richiekelly

Reaction score
Ignorance of the law is no defence, if they are fishing in this country and want to fish legally they should know the laws, unfortunately some know the laws and choose to ignore them, the penalties should be severe enough to make them think twice and then think again but then if there is nobody on the bank whats to stop them doing whatever they like? nothing as far as I can see, certainly not a few signs.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ignorance of the law is no defence, if they are fishing in this country and want to fish legally they should know the laws, unfortunately some know the laws and choose to ignore them, the penalties should be severe enough to make them think twice and then think again but then if there is nobody on the bank whats to stop them doing whatever they like? nothing as far as I can see, certainly not a few signs.

If it bothers you that much why not get out there yourself I am sure you would find it more fulfilling than the forum.

Judas Priest

Reaction score

Well said Blanker, the penalties for infringement should be far greater than at present.
Bit difficult of some though just to criticise our EE bretheren when a certain high profile ENGLISH angler got caught only last Close season.

Tiinker, Fred I take it you are both out there doing your bit of bailiffing or do you just criticise others for not doing so.

richiekelly

Reaction score
If it bothers you that much why not get out there yourself I am sure you would find it more fulfilling than the forum.

Because I am disabled, wouldn't be able to cover much ground in my condition!! and yes it does bother me that our rivers have enough to put up with without illegal "anglers" being on the bank doing whatever they please.

Sarcasm really isn't called for.

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

See my answer to another tinkers post.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Been doing it for 15 years...have confiscated tackle from some illegal anglers which was handed to club officials and police. What have you done?

I also have balliffed for 15 years (on a local club water) even caught someone nicking carp and yes they were EEs, fortunately they didn't like the look of my dog who is just a softie, cant do it now, cant get round,someone needs to be on the water.

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
I also have balliffed for 15 years (on a local club water) even caught someone nicking carp and yes they were EEs, fortunately they didn't like the look of my dog who is just a softie, cant do it now, cant get round,someone needs to be on the water.

Sorry to hear that blanker...some just like to bash out one liners on here rather than get out on the bank and make a difference.

Regards
Ray

richiekelly

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that blanker...some just like to bash out one liners on here rather than get out on the bank and make a difference.

Regards
Ray

Thanks Ray, it don't bother me there are ill informed people on all forums that post things trying to be clever when in fact all they do is make themselves look silly :eek: