Campaign for the Protection of Welsh Fisheries

Highplains

Reaction score
Hello,

I should like to introduce myself as well as the Campaign for the Protection of Welsh Fisheries.

I am now 60 years old and have enjoyed all forms of angling, I started in local ponds when you could do so without the need to be a member of any club, then started sea fishing, eventually buying a small boat and thence to trout, sea trout and salmon.

I am concerned that the source of much of my life's pleasure, the fish of our waters, are being slaughtered and our fisheries raped. So I have dedicated much of the last 2 years to the Campaign. It is single issue: the protection of our fisheries, be they the coastal waters where bass and other nurseries are being decimated, the lakes and ponds from which fish are being stolen to be eaten by those ignorant of our laws or to be taken to commercial fisheries. or the rivers which are now unprotected by the Environment Agency as their bailiff staff are so overstretch and hidebound by performance indicators that they do not have the time to get to know, let alone protect our fisheries.

I have posted a web site, nothing fancy, but I hope sufficient for you to be able to follow the Campaign from inception through to date. The formal launch is soon, when the next stage will be presented to the Minister responsible for overseeing the decimation of our fisheries.

The Campaign refers only to Wales, but the mission statement allows for the Campaign to grow and be spread into England, should you so wish. It is your campaign as without your support it is nothing. We have already succeeded in getting the Welsh Assembly Government to instruct the Environment Agency to review its enforcement activity - its all on the web site.

Please take a look at it and if you agree post through your support. You may also like to give details to your club so they they can pledge support. Just let me know name, your and or the club, the area you are from and the number of members.

http://www.cpwf.co.uk/

I hope you will feel interested enough to comment here on your forum. I will follow your posts and try to answer any of your question.

I do hope the moderators of this forum will forgive my imposition on the grounds the causeis worthy. They may also wish to add their support. I hope so.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I wish you all success at whatever your angling preference.

Allan Cuthbert