Session Food

Reaction score
If you're off for a couple of longdays fishing with an overnight stay in your bivvy then what food and drink do you usually take to keep you going? How do you keep it fresh?

Just interested in the variety of stuff people take.

Matt

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Most times a tin of Stagg Chilli and rice for one night (normally the first)and a bbq for the second night and 3rd night and 4th night. Freeze down the bbq food.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Or if there are any sheep in the area

mint sauce, charcoal and a pair of wellies

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Could catch on that, my BBQ n Lee's rats

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Wasn't that rat we had at Sywell thenWol?

The Monk

Reaction score
I think the longest single session I spend on the bank wa 9 months, although I`ve done a lot of month and 2 month sessions, normally I stock up with loads of tinned stuff fruit, big breakfasts in tins, hot dog sausage, dried milk, anythink which will store easily, I will then visit the local supermarket say once every few week/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
The days of carp fever eh/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

If I have to go shopping mid session then I am clearly on the slippery slope to a divorce...

The Monk

Reaction score
yep great days mate (he says 2 divorces later)/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Allthough chilli is good fishing nosh, it's not the best thing to have waiting in the departure lounge without a decent bog around. What's needed is food theat will develop a good old fashoined leathery turd that came be aimed and managedeasily in the bushes.

Speaking of which, do you bury it, bag it or just leave it for the rain to sort out?

The Monk

Reaction score
naw only 2 mate, the 3rd one died (god bless her)and the fourth ones still with me/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Allthough chilli is good fishing nosh, it's not the best thing to have waiting in the departure lounge without a decent bog around. What's needed is food theat will develop a good old fashoined leathery turd that came be aimed and managedeasily in the bushes.

Speaking of which, do you bury it, bag it or just leave it for the rain to sort out?</blockquote>
after about a week on the bank it just sort of splats all over the place

Philip

Reaction score
For shorter sessions those stuffed pastas that come in the refrigerated section are great ...especially the ones in the sealed air tight plastic boxes …put them in your sack and sink them in the lake to keep them cold. For longer sessions use the same thing but the dried variety.

To cook .just boil some water and chuck them in , they cook in no time, drain water off with your fork, throw on some tomato or pesto sauce, I like to mix in some salad leaves too and eat it. A tasty, meal, no chopping or mixing, only 1 pot+forkto clean and dare I say it, its healthy too.

For mornings – Porridge! same principle as above,just add some honey…its hot, it fills you up it wont rot in the bivvyand again only one pot+spoon to clean.

The Monk

Reaction score
"and dare I say it, its healthy too"

Oi whats all that about, we`re big fast lazy carp anglers mate, how healthy do you have to be to live in a bivvy anyway??. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Philip

Reaction score
Yeahsorry, I knew I was on stickygroundmentioning "healthy"...problem isyou see, I am notbig, fat and lazy...I am an adonis (cough)

...Actuallyanother angle...I knew a guy who attempted to “live off the land” as he put it…actually he did pretty well…he spent more than 250 nights out on the bank one year so he sort of had things down to a tee. He actually had vegetable plots hidden away in some of his swims…I am not making this up…bear in mind these were pretty remote places so not a lot of other anglers fished there and any walkers happening past were unlikely to realise the bunch of weeds in the undergrowth was actually a load of cabbages !